Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm the new guy. Been looking on the web for a site like this for awhile. Somewhere to hear from others with Trifives, Ask a few questions, and see other projects going on.

I've always wanted a 55 and have been looking hard for one a few months. But could'nt find anything I could afford or they were tooo far away. But a few weeks ago bought a 1955 2 door Bel Air sedan off ebay. Very rough and very rusty and misssing lots of parts. But a cheap way to get started.

Can't wait to read some threads and get started.

Thanks for the site, Jeff in S.C.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Jeff, Good luck with your project but remember one important rule in this hobby...... there is NO cheap way to do anything!!:D :D
Regards, Chuck2550

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Welcome Jeff

I did the same thing, I bought my 57 off ebay and had it shipped from maryland to ky

It may have rust and take you a long time to fix up but it feels good to own a trifive no matter what the condition

Welcome aboard

Otis / Trifive:)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome - I got mine off the internet, too, but I went 1800 miles to pick it up!

·
Administrator
49,379 Posts
Oh there is a cheap way to do things but in the end you will end up wanting to do it all over again the correct/right way. I am speaking from my own experience. Terry.
http://members.cardomain.com/chevman57

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone

Hey thanks for the welcome and advice.

You guys are right that there won't be a cheep way to do this. But I had to start somewhere.

Cool to hear that others here bought there 567's on ebay also. Still fun to check the listings and just looking at projects. Gives me ideas on what to do with mine.

I posted a couple pics of my car in the photo section. I told you it was rough. lol, Later, Jeff in SC

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm new here too.
A few years back I just decided it was time to have a '56 (again after almost 40 years). I too bought mine off eBay and went from the S.F. Bay Area to Tacoma and drove it home. It was completely stock and I stopped in Portland and put new tires on it cuz it still had the old 650-15's or whatever on it and the freeway was real scary.
Good luck to you on your project. I drive mine all the time now.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Just to be clear here -- I did NOT buy mine on ebay, I got it from a listing on one of the on-line classic car's for sale list -- ClassicCars.com or something like that. I don't have anything against ebay, but I just seem to think that ads placed in or on sites dedicated to classic cars would tend to be for "better" cars -- I know, I'm crazy! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.