Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just another small update on my super low buck '56 beater Chevy! :viking:

Couple weekends ago I fired up the tunnel rammed 350, ran great and sounds pretty gnarly!

Last night I got the lowering springs and Mopar 8 3/4" rearend installed, a few things left to do but at least I can start hunting for a driveshaft now.

Found the brake parts I needed cheap at swapmeet this last weekend so I'm ready to start bending up some hardlines and install the Roll Control... :cool:

Right now I've got just under $3200 into her, I expect to have it driving in primer with full glass and tags for under $4000, if I continue to be thrifty... ;)

It's no show queen but I like it just fine! :love:

Attachments

·
Registered
67,764 Posts
nice going scott. :tu ............ your doing good under there, didn't realize you were that young. :winking0070:

·
Registered
629 Posts
A car like yours makes the owners of the trailer queens owners want to write more checks and swipe those credit cards to comfort themselves.

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
When the going gets tough,the tough get going.Its looking good,just press on.:tu :tu :anim_25: :shakehands:

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
Scott, it may be no show queen but it will roar like the "King of the jungle". She is looking super nice! I like the budget and how the build is progressing.

·
Registered
Cocke County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
8,789 Posts
I'm with Tony, I can look and admire a "queen" for a few minutes, but truely enjoy the drive! I like it!
Don't get me wrong, I love a beautifully restored car and wish mine was looking half as good as some peoples here, but I'd still DRIVE it and I'd still do burnouts. I wouldn't trailer it everywhere. Driving it is 90% of the fun!

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
i cannot imagine trailer hauling a car everywhere ,when you can be driving these beauties,im with you brother

·
Registered
557 Posts
I always appreciate seeing a car that you know the guy reserected on his own, with whatever means he had. Trailer queens... You spend so much, and now your afraid to drive it?!?! No thanks!

Traded a 98 Kawasaki motorcycle for the car... I'm at about $3200 in my build...

Good luck on yours brother

1 - 17 of 17 Posts