Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, when I got asked to share with me round my building as I have done and are doing. Glad that some have heard about the car all the way to the U.S. You must be patient with my English. I come from Sweden, so it is not so easy. The car I bought in the spring of 2008 from Texas
Here you have some pictures of what the car looked when I bought it. The pictures are from when the car was in texas. I will show you very detailed if you want it.
So THEN we go from early spring 2008. feel free to comment on the construction

Regards //Daniel

Attachments

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi daniel and welcome. good to have you here. congrats and have fun with that 55. good looking 55 too.

·
Premium Member
13,073 Posts
:sign0016: and your english is just fine !!! keep posting pictures !!!! we all want to see her !!:)

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Nothing wrong with your English -

Daniel, :sign0016: to TriFive! Looks like you got a really nice '55! Tell us a little of your plans for her and of course, we love photos! Good Luck -Enjoy-Have Fun!:wavey:

·
Registered
261 Posts
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive Daniel. Not many of us can say we bought our TRI-5 overseas and had it shipped home. You must truly love the 55! Glad to see the pictures, and hope you post many more. Brian :bowtieb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car in the garage that I have along with my house. Here I have started stripping the car and to remove the paint. my grandfather telling me that little kid mixing caustic soda and sellulosa glue. It dissolves paint.:)
So that's what I've done here. Thank you all for credd, I'll give you pictures and a real theater building, which both can run and go to shows. For the car to run hard, and it will not be a trailer queen:)
/ / Daniel

Attachments

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Hello Daniel
welcome aboard
Nice 55 and what a great looking workshop :tu
enjoy and keep us updated :)

:cool:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Very interesting. Anxious to see the rest of the build. Those '55s are very popular, in the states or overseas. Later, Charles :blowtiedb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The color is now about to be removed, what shocked the entire right side of the car is pressed, And built up with Bondo and someone likes to drill holes may be 200: ( In Sweden, there is a saying we call this an American repair.
In places, it sat about 3 cm Bondo .. Why do you build a car like this ...... It was just to go and buy four square feet sheet and development of English wheel.No offense, everybody says so in Sweden to blame something or someone. But I have never seen a Swedish cook a car by drilling holes and putty / bondo over it.
I realize now that this building will not be able to resolve soon .... Here is a bit out of putty that I grind away and pulls a knife. He he:)
/ / Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
What a bummer of a thing to do. Hope you tell your buddies to really check 'em out. Sorry about that, but in the end, there will be a story to be told. Good luck, Charles :blowtiedb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here you can see both the damage and rust on right front fender. Will do everything again instead of buying a new fender
Keep in mind that metal can be so beautiful
Here you can see that the car is both broken and pushed to the side. Will to roll up our sleeves and bow shape plate
Not much left to grind here. Here I begin to finally see the light in the tunnel.
/ / Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We all built differently and good is that. I always change all the sheets before I blast. Then I see if I missed somewhere. Here do I replace the rear of the car it was completely rust and repaired with newspaper :) and Bondo:tu I also re-seam welds between the sheets ...... / / Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello again ... Not many people who comment .. When I lifted the carpet came the next shock. the car's floor was rusty straight to the floor. When I picked out a few zinc sheets so it was almost like a Fred Flintstone car. :)
So it was just to cut out the floor and weld and fit the new one. I blast out the page after I welded clearly as I can see if I missed any welding seam.

//Daniel

Attachments

68,758 Posts
thanks for pics and updates daniel. :five: lots of surprises. :scared0012:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Danial I feel your pain in working with someone else body. I found the same covered up stuff when building my car. It is truly amazing how some people do things.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts