·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
325 Posts
ecklers 5-leaf offest non-lowering

I currently have my 1957 chevy 210 sedan lowered with 2 inch drop spindles and 1 inch springs in the front with 2 lowering blocks drilled off set to get the tire back in the wheel opeining. I want to purchase new leaf springs and was wondering if anybody has tried 2 inch lower offset springs from ecklers? http://www.classicchevy.com/chevy-5-leaf-rear-spring-offset-2-lowering-1955-1957.html
I installed the non-lowering offset springs. Theyre great & I can fit bigger tires now than my current 245/60/15, installed with that are the urethane bushings, its very stiff I hope it will settle down with use they only have less than 500 miles on them now.

:gba:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Interesting, I guess I never knew they made rear offset springs. I have the 2" lower 5 leafs from Ecklers, and like them. Seem somewhat soft to me, but haven't had the pleasure of riding in other trifives to know the difference. I also added 1" lowering blocks to mine as well.

A thought, if you offset to the rear, be aware of interference of your exhaust system. Mine is tight as it is between the rear axle and the gas tank. I probably couldn't afford to move my axle anymore rearward, although I think it would look better in the wells maybe.

Good luck!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Interesting, I guess I never knew they made rear offset springs. I have the 2" lower 5 leafs from Ecklers, and like them. Seem somewhat soft to me, but haven't had the pleasure of riding in other trifives to know the difference. I also added 1" lowering blocks to mine as well.

A thought, if you offset to the rear, be aware of interference of your exhaust system. Mine is tight as it is between the rear axle and the gas tank. I probably couldn't afford to move my axle anymore rearward, although I think it would look better in the wells maybe.

Good luck!
Did you buy the Canadian Standens springs? Did the ones you bought have reversed eye ??

·
Registered
38,755 Posts
The "offset" apparently moves the axle housing to the rear by 3/4", increasing the wheelbase.

This will help tall tires clear the front of the wheel cutout. You only need that offset if you have rather tall tires, as most everything 29" or shorter won't have any problems.

I also think that makes the car look a bit weird, but I guess that's a personal perception/opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.