·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this for the first time today

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Best Chevy ad I've seen. Hope they keep playing it. Now if only they could still sell those cars.
Yes - you and I, and several here would be the first in line at the dealership. And it isn't like there haven't been successes in that thinking (think Camaro, Challenger, etc). I seem to remember a couple of pictures of an updated concept Nomad (not the fiberglass homage to the Waldorf Nomad, but a real GM stab at a concept...I'll look for a picture). But with the lackluster sales through '55-'57, I can imagine they sadly wouldn't have much of an appetite for that. We can still dream though...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
...I'll look for a picture)
Edited: Three times, it seems:

1999 2004 2023
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Wheel
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Car Wheel

The first two were more honest exercises at capturing the classic flavor of the Nomad; from what a quick glance at the third one would tell is mostly a wagon adaptation of the updated Camaro with a Nomad badge on the door. To my eye only the 2004 version is acceptable. A related article follows:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Saw the ad on Thanksgiving day, at least the end of it. Loved it, of course, since it had a ‘57 Nomad.
Did you like the subtext of the electric vehicle owner comes to the rescue of the internal combustion engine car owner? I said they should make a second commercial showing the Nomad owner giving Billy a ride because the outdated grid is overloaded and he can’t charge his vehicle because of a blackout.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts