Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why didn't someone tell me that Super Chevy mag puts out an annual issue called Chevy Classics? Is it always about Tri-Fives? What month is it put on the stands? Obviously I don't have a subscription to Super Chevy! :sign0020:

·
Administrator
49,481 Posts
Doesn`t matter if you subscribe to super chevy or not. You have to find the chevy classics at a store that sells it. There isn`t a place to buy it in our town that i am aware of.
Terry

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,705 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
THANKS Bryant....Didn't know it was on the shelves yet....Thought it came out in the fall.
It is Fall... for magazine publishers :) Their September issue has been out a few weeks.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
:):tu Couldn't agree more, Chuck! That's just the kind of stuff I love to do! One of the great joys of building a car from scratch is adapting and modifying mechanicals from other cars to go faster, corner better and stop better.

Buying a kit just wouldn't be as much fun as doing it all yourself. At least not for me. I worked after school, weekends and summers all through high school at a wrecking yard in the early '60s. Taking cars and trucks of various makes and models apart is a great way to learn what can be made to fit other vehicles.

Parts interchange and adaptation is one of the most interesting things there is. If you have a '55 - '57 Chevy and you want more power or bigger brakes or a stronger transmission or rearend, it just takes some measuring and a little thought and you can pretty much adapt anything you need to do the job.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,705 Posts
It is Fall... for magazine publishers :) Their September issue has been out a few weeks.
Must be fall for some of the stores as well....My wife says they have Halloween stuff on the shelves in the dollar store already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts