Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an annual issue ( 55-56-57 Chevy only ) put out by superchevy, check your local newsstands to get a copy, I know I will.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I just got that last week.

It's ok. Not much usefull information IMO.

I have a question though. I am at work, and I left the magazine at home. I was at the water cooler (so to speak) talking with some guys about the article about the fuel filler relocation.

Actually, to me it looks totally unsafe. All those exposed wires and switches underneath the fuel fill??

Back to my question- what company makes that fuel filler relocation kit? isn't there a website mentioned in the article?? Would someone pleas post this info?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
thehazmatguy said:
I just got that last week.

It's ok. Not much usefull information IMO.

I have a question though. I am at work, and I left the magazine at home. I was at the water cooler (so to speak) talking with some guys about the article about the fuel filler relocation.

Actually, to me it looks totally unsafe. All those exposed wires and switches underneath the fuel fill??

Back to my question- what company makes that fuel filler relocation kit? isn't there a website mentioned in the article?? Would someone pleas post this info?

Thank you in advance!
I hope your way off base on it being unsafe! I have the unit for my 55. Looks fine to me. All sealed and a looong ways from the tank vent.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Even if it doesn't have much useful info for most people. I really enjoy a mag that is dedicated to tri-five chevys. Too bad it's only an annual issue......

·
Registered
738 Posts
JWB said:
Even if it doesn't have much useful info for most people. I really enjoy a mag that is dedicated to tri-five chevys. Too bad it's only an annual issue......
Agreed. I am surprised there isn't enough interest in trifives to warrent a monthy or quarterly publication.

I liked with the air bag suspension article. The bolt in ease of the rear suspension was really impressive.

·
Registered
738 Posts
A55C4 said:
I hope your way off base on it being unsafe! I have the unit for my 55. Looks fine to me. All sealed and a looong ways from the tank vent.
Yeah, me too! That write up was why I bought the magazine in the first place. It's really hard to see much in the photos from the magazine.

Maybe you could post some pictures, with a little more detail?

I was concerned with fuel sloshing out of the tank at the gas station during a fill up. Also, how is the access? Can the pump nozzle fit easily, or do you worry about scratching the paint?

Could you "low tech" something similar with a manual release? maybe use the fuel door hardware from the 57's?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I'd be glad to shoot some pics of it but trying to build a simlar would be out of my realm. A lot of mill work for the track system and then the motor with four relays. If you wanted a manual unit it could be done if you could hinge it in a way to not only open but move out and open then latch tight. As far as filling I don't see any problem. It's a clear shot to the filler neck and it's fabricated tight enough that one could seal it completely with a little added 20 ga. and seam sealer. I had it installed just to make sure it was what I wanted and it was way cool to seeit open and close by one hit on the switch. It won't open without power.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope to put an ad about our website Trifive.com in next years issue, so that will really give a big boost to membership.

I would have done it this issue but I did not know about it.

Otis - Trifive :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts