Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The editor of Chevy High Performance Magazine is asking in his monthly column if the readers would like to see more Tri-Fives in his magazine....HECK YEAH!!!

Since getting back into this hobby a few years ago, I've been amazed that there is not more coverage of Tri-fives in the national magazines, so maybe this is our chance to change that a bit.

Send him an email and tell him you definitely want to see
more tri-five cars, technical articles, etc...

[email protected]

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
The editor of Chevy High Performance Magazine is asking in his monthly column if the readers would like to see more Tri-Fives in his magazine....HECK YEAH!!!

Does a bear :toilet: in the woods:questionmark: Of course readers would like to see more trifives... Later, Dave

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!!

I like the magazine because they go into good detail and have some pretty
good tech articles. I learned a lot about camshafts from a series they did.

Ever since I got back into this hobby 3 years ago I've been amazed how
little tri-fives are featured in the major magazines these days.

I'm a fan of all things Chevy but how many different ways can you build a first-gen Camaro? (And I dig Camaros)

Tri fives look great as gassers, kustoms, old school hot rods, 70's street beasts, stockers, heck....even as pro-touring cars
with custom Corvette and triangulated four-bar suspensions.

Heck, I'm preaching to the choir.... :)

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I subscribe to both magazines. If they don't start having more tri five articles I will definitely not renew my subscriptions. I will send an e mail to Chevy hi performance.
I hardly ever subscribe to magazines, I usually wait until they are on the
newstands and thumb through them for good articles. Right now one of my favorite magazines is Hot Rod Deluxe, it seems to be the only magazine that has something trifive-related in it on a regular basis.

Maybe we can influence Chevy High Performance magazine to feature both tri-five cars and technical articles on a regular basis, that would make me want to subscribe.

It would be really cool if some of our members were able to get their cars featured.
Just think how easy it could be for the magazine to ask Trifive members for article ideas and technical tips. Nobody knows more about these cars than the members of this site.

·
Registered
38,696 Posts
I've never seen "Hot Rod Deluxe", where do you buy it?

For me, most of the magazines are lame, you get more things you can really use right here.

The only mag I purchase regularly is Street Rodder, and it's going through some changes in editorial content. But mostly I buy it for some of the monthly features, and there are ads for neat stuff you may not find elsewhere.

The Super Chevy 55-57 and Camaro/Nova special editions are typical of the lameness. Their features are old hat on these pages, for the most part.
They are just ads for stuff that's already been covered here and elsewhere time and again. And they leave out the hard part that you really want to know about.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've never seen "Hot Rod Deluxe", where do you buy it?

For me, most of the magazines are lame, you get more things you can really use right here.

The only mag I purchase regularly is Street Rodder, and it's going through some changes in editorial content. But mostly I buy it for some of the monthly features, and there are ads for neat stuff you may not find elsewhere.

The Super Chevy 55-57 and Camaro/Nova special editions are typical of the lameness. Their features are old hat on these pages, for the most part.
They are just ads for stuff that's already been covered here and elsewhere time and again. And they leave out the hard part that you really want to know about.

Rick,

I totally agree, the latest Super Chevy 55-57 special edition was lame,lame, lame. I read it in like 10 minutes and and was so bored.
That's why I'm so inspired to try to get another magazine to run regular tri-five feature cars and articles.

Hot Rod Deluxe is a magazine that is focused on the past. Basically they are using the huge photo archives of Hot Rod magazine and combining it with new articles about traditional style hot rods.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.