Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I'd like to hear from anyone who's installed this rear shock relocation kit in a fully assembled '55. The tech sheet on Eckler's site shows it being installed on a body-off frame, which looks pretty easy...

Thanks!

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Can`t see why you can`t install the shock bar with the body on the frame. I located mine to the frame with the body still on. Just had the guy weld it in with the body off since i done had the body off. You could easily weld it in with the car on a lift.
Terry

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input! The Eckler Tech sheet shows it being bolted on through holes you have to drill in the frame but welding would work OK...

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I bought the Shock Bar Relocation for my 57 Chevy. But when I went to install it I found that the Exhaust that I had installed already kicked up too high as it came over the rear end so It will hit the shock mount bar! UGH!! I plan on rerouting the exhaust as soon as I install the Fenderwell Headers so no real lose there. However if I had the room I would have been able to drill the frame quite easily to bolt it in. But welding will also work if you want to go that way as well!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I havent installed mine yet as well. i was attempting too but noticed my muffler pipes were in the way. so im going to wait a while till i hav e time to cutt that piece off , then install these and my rear sway bar.but looks pretty easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts