Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang!
Just wanted to share a short piece on our annual trip to 'Elvis Week' in Memphis this year. As always, it was a total blast with our son Matt joining my wife Gloria & I again this year. We spent 2 days on Broadway in Nashville and Matt flew home from there and Gloria & I continued on to New Orleans for 2 days and took in Bourbon Street. Then it was back to Memphis where we were lucky to find Will Tucker was performing on Friday night at BB King's club from 5pm-8:30. Gloria & I got there at 4:30 to get the best seats in the house and waited patiently for Will to arrive. I had sent Will a PM a week prior to flying down to Memphis to let him know that we wanted to get a chance to meet him and see him play live and maybe even hang out a check out his cars so he had a heads up that we might be there. When Will walked into the club i immediately introduce ourselves and with a mile wide smile on his face we shook hands and it was like we had known each other for years. Will took to the stage along with his tight little 3 piece, drums, bass & keyboards and opened with an acoustical set...no need for an acommpanied guitar, this axe slinger has mastered the difficult role of playing both lead & rhythm!! Later into the evening, Will shouldered a well worn teal green strat and blew away the now full house with his lightening fast quitar solo's & gutsy vocals. The man definitely has the blue's running through his veins and is an extremely blessed and accomplished musician! Will informed that he has just been awarded 'Best local band in Memphis in the Commercial Appeal's Memphis Most contest and that his second album is set for a fall release which will feature several new originals...can't wait! Will has won so many musical accolades you have to visit his website to really understand the 'gift' he possesses...all of this at a remarkable 20 years old! He is the next BIG DEAL, The Real Deal!
I had the pleasure of meeting Mom & Dad during a short break and the first thing i said was that i had to compliment them both on the up bringing of this fine young man. I also told them that there were so many of us TriFive members that are also so very proud of Will's contributions to the site and that many of us have commented that "Is there anything you can't do". It was funny at one point durring the conversation Mom said that "Will has been a very good boy all his life and it is nice that he can ...fix stuff":sign0020: And we have all seen that through his posts here onbowtie-trifive I must add that Mom & Dad are equally fine outstanding people and very supportive parents. If you ever get the chance to see Will perform live it will certainly be worth the drive or check out his music & video's at www.willtuckermusic.com
Thanks for the memories Will:shakehands:, we'll see ya next year:congrats::congrats:

Attachments

·
Registered
67,684 Posts
neat story, thanks for sharing. :tu

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Yeah, Will is a great guy. I think it's about time we went to see him at BB's again.
We've spent time together at the Hot Rods on Beale cruise in several times. Once the weather cools a bit, I'll take the 55 down again. Never know which one he'll show up in. The 57 Vert, the 56 more door or the 52. Always a great time. (unless it's sweltering outside....:sign0020:)
Sorry to have missed you E-56.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
:tu:tu

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hey E56, next time make sure you come in on a Thursday and we'll take you to a great cruise-in we have here! I caught the end of Will's set a couple of weeks ago which really consists of them playing the full-length version of Freebird. It made my fingers hurt! He has such a great band behind him, those boys give everything they have!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts