Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys I wanted to share with you guys what I have been doing on my spare time (it hasn't been working on the 57). I am on the Board and Treasurer of a great organization called Snowball Express (www.snowballexpress.org).

We bring the families of our fallen Military Solders together for a 5 day event here is Dallas were they can connect and heal together by creating new memories. We brought in 1,650 last year and plan on the same this year. But this event is very expensive and we are on a big push to make sure we don't fall short. American Airlines charters 9 jets for us at no charge but the we have a hotel and food bills that would make you head spin if you knew how much. Here is a video that will show you what we do.
http://vimeo.com/76658803

We thank these families and show them we will not forget their great sacrifice and make sure they know their hero is also ours.

Please check out our sponsor a child program.

http://snowballexpress.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1082228

Just so you know we only have 1 employee and thousands of volunteers (I am one of them) 94% of all money raised goes to the events for these families.
:gba::flag6:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sponsor a child

Our sponsor a child program is set-up to create fundraising teams. Maybe a Tri-five team is in order to see how many kids we can sponsor.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Great work 57Hardtop! :flag6: My wife and I are part of a local group making Santa hats and putting together xmas boxes for troops currently deployed. While my son is not currently deployed we have friends who's sons are. :gba:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Chris and Rich, you are doing G-d's work. G-d bless the both of you.

Chris, we don't have much and we already give to the DAV, to St. Jude's, to a Jewish orphan's home in Louisiana and to a Catholic home for unwed mothers in Houston. But we will send what we can to your organization.

Keep up the good work,

Harry

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see it as I am repaying a debt as much as I can.

Thank you for taking your time to read about what we do.

Keep an eye out for your nearest airports come December 12th and 13th our flights will be picking up these families on the way. If you have some time please visit the airport and show them how much we care about their sacrifice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts