Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 years I purchased the dual quad set up from Edelbrock with Enduro shine. Not sure what the finish is but it looks like a coating of plastic that is chrome in color. Looked great and got a lot of nice comments, however when I was getting car cleaned up for this summer cruises if that ever happens I noticed the coating is peeling off leaving a black surface. Any one else experience this issue. I did send an email to Edelbrock but no response yet

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I think that endura shine is chrome powder coated.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
That's too bad, it looks like their shine is not enduring.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Apparently that is a common problem with them. Any gas or antifreeze that gets on them can make them peel like that. Good for show cars but not for a driver unfortunately.
Todd

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
That is a shame. I have Alcoa Dura Brite aluminum wheels on my motor coaches. They have held up for years against road grime and winter salt. Soap and water and they look like brand new. I had always assumed that the finish on the intakes were done in a similar process. Is it possible that a cleaning agent that reacts with the finish could have been used?

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
E mailed Edelbrock twice and got no response

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
The one on the 55 peeled so I actually did powder coat a plain aluminum one.....so far so good ..... :anim_25:
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts