Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a aftermarket hood bird and it has a few bubbles in the chrome on one of the sides. Is this typical of reproduction parts or should I be talking to the supplier about sending me one that is not blemmished?

·
Registered
277 Posts
That blem could turn into a pit, than the pit will turn into a scab, than the chrome will lift. You get the picture! Send it back. By keeping it, it sends the message that " theres no problem", by sending it back they get the message! Lon

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Does Ecklers classic chevy sell import quality chrome? I dont see alot of "made in the USA" in there catalog. Been looking at different catalogs for front chrome pieces, seeing some somewhat cheap prices and that makes me leery.

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
I figure they all sell about the same products. In the catalog from the place i buy from there are usually 2 different prices on the ones that are made in both places. The cheaper one will be import and the other U.S.A. I buy most of my parts from www.hhclassic.com. They come to the swap meets in our area and have always treated me good.
Terry

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I bought 'Made in the USA' and the side badges on my Belair are now scabby and they have only been on 15 months, aand she lives in a garage!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called the supplier today and they said they would ship out another bird and a return label for the defective one. You can't ask for better than that. Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts