Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,264 Posts
I guess you missed the words in bold here Roger: "It appears this vehicle is not garaged, or restored. If you restore this vehicle and garage keep it, we will reconsider coverage at a later time."

And Bruce's reply as well?

The incident I mentioned is Grundy Worldwide and it is the 3rd consecutive Grundy Worldwide claim I have had this same problem with. I can also give a list of other insured people that have had the same kind of problems with Grundy Worldwide. Every person I know in the area that has had to make a claim with them has changed to another company after dealing with their ineptness of handling the claim in a responsible timeframe. I will turn away any future Grundy claims that come to my shop, Three strikes and you are OUT of my shop.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I guess you missed the words in bold here Roger: "It appears this vehicle is not garaged, or restored. If you restore this vehicle and garage keep it, we will reconsider coverage at a later time."
And Bruce's reply as well?
Or restored is either wrong or they've changed their policy on it since they covered mine in a project state. I would need clarification to find out if the latter is really so.

The slow claim experience is counter to the towing claim I made last year and was paid to me with no delay.

My agent is Heritage. Is the owner of Heritage still an active member here? Maybe we can get his take on whether he's had or seen any issues with his client's claims.
I would like to get some assurance that I can continue to trust that I'm with a solid company.

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
8,260 Posts
I would not recommend that you try Grundy Nick....Recently attempted to add my 55 sedan (below) to my policy with them and had to supply pics....This is the reply that I received:

" I have received the photos. Unfortunately, underwriting has declined your request to add this vehicle to your policy in its current condition. It appears this vehicle is not garaged, or restored. If you restore this vehicle and garage keep it, we will reconsider coverage at a later time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I hope you have a good day and Happy New Year."

From an insurance company perspective... seeing a 'rundown' car, sitting on 'earth' (no protection from water coming up from the ground causing rust), and apparently not being driven, or even drivable?, it doesn't 'appear' to be under restoration, so what would the existence of insurance 'protect' against??..

... tornado or storm damage, rust, theft, or ??

Personally, IMO, I think insuring such a car would be a *losing proposition* for both the insured and the insurer... What do you fellas think??

·
51,264 Posts
... tornado or storm damage, rust, theft, or ??

Personally, IMO, I think insuring such a car would be a *losing proposition* for both the insured and the insurer... What do you fellas think??
Just happened to be where the car was at the time the pic was taken...Guess it needs to be moved into the garage, before I take a picture next time....My mistake...However, many here have stated that they were able to get insurance, while their car was under construction....I was only looking to insure for $7500 for fire and theft reasons at this time.

·
51,264 Posts
From a past thread:https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171215

The true test of a specialty auto insurance's service is how well they settle a damage claim to YOUR satisfaction.
Exactly my complaint. Grundy adjusters fought tooth & nail not to pay for the proper & quality repair on more than one occasion. One vehicle I fixed insured by Grundy was actually repaired and back to my customer before the first check was even issued, Not a minor repair either. I knew the customer would make good on it if Grundy didn't pay. My Hagerty customers have never had an issue.

BTW, My personal Hagerty bill has gone down each year for the last three years in a row.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Grundy Insurance

Or restored is either wrong or they've changed their policy on it since they covered mine in a project state. I would need clarification to find out if the latter is really so.

The slow claim experience is counter to the towing claim I made last year and was paid to me with no delay.

My agent is Heritage. Is the owner of Heritage still an active member here? Maybe we can get his take on whether he's had or seen any issues with his client's claims.
I would like to get some assurance that I can continue to trust that I'm with a solid company.
We have not had any customers that have had a problem with a claim. I would have never sent in a picture of a vehicle to add to a policy that was out in the grass next to a big bush. With all the recent floods Grundy hasn't had a problem paying the customers on all totaled out claims. Grundy has always covered my cars & trucks and always will. I find a lot of times getting cars covered is in how everything is submitted to the company. Being garaged or in a shop has always been required.
LARRY ROGERS
HERITAGE INSURANCE

21 - 26 of 26 Posts