Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys check out this link! This is a junkyard in California off of I-5 near Williams California. I remember as a kid driving past this place all the time! As a kid you know junkyards but I always saw old cars! It wasnt till a few years back when I owned my first 1955 Chevy that I found this heaven of junk! But now I just think its sad to see such classic American cars rusting away! When I had my first 55, I remember this yard had a few trifives in it cars and trucks! I can't wait to go back once I get my new 55 and see it. Its a wonder in itself just to walk around this yard even if they don't have what your looking for. So many classic American cars!

http://www.waywardgarage.com/LocalStuff/I5Junkyard7.8.05/I5jy.html

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
I remember when that was the only way to get parts, no CCI, Danchuk. Used to love and hate it all at the same time:)

This place looks like a nice Saturday drive.......

Randy

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
Thanks- I'm actually heading that direction tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out - never noticed it. Used to hit salvage yards next to Candlestick Park or East Palo Alto for my parts.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Man....I could get lost in there for days quite happily :)

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha Jim and Craig! Yeah its a mix of cars! I know there was lots of GM's there! There are a few in some of the pics just gotta look hard! When I go there again next week I'll take a few pics of the GM's! Just broke my heart to see them like that haha!

As your coming into Williams it on the left side of the freeway! Its a treat or it was the last time I was there! Its been a while so who knows whats there now!

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
I used to love prowling junk yards but I learned to do it in cool weather because of wasps and snakes. In 1984, we built a 62 Impala SS almost completely from junk yards.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Haha Jim and Craig! Yeah its a mix of cars! I know there was lots of GM's there! There are a few in some of the pics just gotta look hard! When I go there again next week I'll take a few pics of the GM's! Just broke my heart to see them like that haha!

As your coming into Williams it on the left side of the freeway! Its a treat or it was the last time I was there! Its been a while so who knows whats there now!
From which direction, North or South? We usually stop at Granzella's for dinner on our way home from Yosemite. :) Danny

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Those pictures remind me of my childhood:) My Dad hauled scrap iron and scrap cars to make money so my Brother and I got to play in the wrecking yards while he did his thing.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
My friend was there last year and that finished 57 fury was in the barn not yet done. I have to stop there next time I pass by. Dave

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Thanks for the link Mike. I have seen that yard off the freeway the last couple times I went to Redding. I didn't have the opportunity to stop but told the wife I need to. I do think I saw a couple TriFive bodies sticking out when I looked from the freeway. It's a little over an hour away but I think I need to make a trip there. Maybe I'll get Jim to tag along with me.

Don

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Danny F - If your heading north it will be on the left side! Can't really miss it its the only thing in this area other then some off in the distance stuff and buildings. This place is right off the freeway! In the pics you can see the freeway is right there! The guy John there is a pretty cool cat!

Yeah I love junkyards, they are just a paradise of junk! Haha! I bought a lot of parts from junkyard all over the USA for my first 55! It's nice to have the companies making repro parts now makes it a bit easier...just hurts the pocket book! haha I'm also one of those guys who just loves having mostly original parts on my car!

There is another place in Richmond California its an old classic car junkyard! I have not been there yet but it looks like another heavenly spot to crawl around! Only problem is you might need to pack a gun and wear a bullet proof vest hahaha! Rough hood over! You see some of the cars there with bullet hole in them! Check out the link below someone took some picks and told a little story about it! My dad went there a few years back looking for some seats for his old chevy pickup and said there was a few tri fives out there, I am gonna go check it out so I'll take some pics and let ya know what treasures I find!

http://patinaproof.blogspot.com/2010/01/richmond-classic-car-wall-of-treasure.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
So few tri-fives there because "THEY'S ALL BEEN PICKED" !!! Kinda makes you appreciate that 5-6-7 we all love and drive...
Don

1 - 20 of 22 Posts