Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did everyone else receive this email from ATFA today stating...

"Sadly, we received news that Eckler's Classic Chevy has stopped printing their magazine after 46 years of production.
The Classic Chevy Club magazine started in December of 1974 and covered all things 1955-1957 Chevy. Over the years the magazine and the club that it supported lost focus and direction and as of May they decided to only do a "digital publication" moving forward. The American Tri-Five Association was founded in 2015 with one promise, that we would always "Stay True to Tri-Five Chevys". In fact, ATFA pledged to refund all dues ever paid if it ever strays from its focus of celebrating only 1955, 1956 and 1957 Chevrolets. ATFA wants to make good to the old Classic Chevy Club members that won't be receiving Chevy Classics Club magazine any longer by giving them The American Tri-Five magazine for free for however many months they have left on their membership."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an outstanding offer from ATFA and should keep/retain all us Classic Chevy enthusiasts in the ATFA corner! I replied with an email asking them how many months I'd get credit for... LT21 in the CCCI.. I really don't know how many months their 'lifetime' promise was good for (but I'll also be asking Ecklers about that).. :) I HOPE my lifetime left is a LOTOFMONTHS but we never know! :)

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ATFA did respond promptly to my email at 7:21 am this morning.
"
Gary,
We are not sure if they are telling people. We saw it on their website then called and asked.
We are offering an additional years membership to lifetime members. The $99 will get you 3 years of the association and the welcome packet.
Thank you,
ATFA"

This was not very clear to me exactly what they are offering CCCI members?? so I asked them to clarify...
If a new member joins ATFA today, is the cost $99? What does that include?

Gary

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK.. ATFA is at least quickly prompt to reply to emails: Their clarification:
" Gary,
Our promotion is for current CC members to become new members of the American Tri-Five Association and get 2 years of our association for $99 (plus a welcome packet).
As a lifetime member of Classic Chevy, we are extending your membership to 3 years of our association.
It is only valid on this promotion.

Without the promotion for Classic Chevy members, it is $45 a year, if you would like to test it out for a year.
I hope that makes it a little clearer, please let me know if not.
Thank you,
Gabrielle"
------------

Well, It seems the promotion is to charge an additional $9 (for a welcome packet), in addition to paying the std rate of $45/yr for 2 yrs ($99 total). So now, Rick's response makes a lot of sense.

For Lifetime CCCI members we at least get another year (plus the welcome packet) for the additional $9.

So I'm going to think about it. What do you fellas think?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have been a member of ATFA for a number of years now. It is an outstanding organization. You won’t regret it. The magazine alone is worth the dues paid. Also, if you decide to go to Nationals, members pay like $ 50.00 for two people and that gets you into all events for the three days and an entry to win the giveaway car. Otherwise, it is $ 20.00 per day per person. Woodies Hot Rodz will occasionally runs sales for ATFA members as well.

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I've paid $65 each year for the Nationals... so $15 cheaper for ATFA members...

PS. ATFA and Woodies are both businesses, owned by the same individual... at least it's upfront and not masqueraded as a 'club' or an 'organization'.... :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Chris Sondles is the owner of Woodies Hot Rodz. He is also the president of ATFA. He is a class guy. They operate as separate entities. If you have ever been to Nationals, it will leave you with no doubt what a great and well run organization ATFA is. When I run into tri five Owner’s at car shows, I always talk about the benefits of joining. I have had about five or six owner’s later thank me and state that they were so glad they had joined. As far as Woodies, they specialize in tri fives. A matter of fact, they build the car that is given away each year at Nationals. There is some great tech info available on this forum. But I have found that if I am in the middle of a job and can not wait for a response from the forum, you can call Woodies and one of their mechanics have always taken the time to walk me through it over the phone. I would highly encourage any tri five owner to join. If I am not mistaken, there are well over 4K members to date. As mentioned earlier, you get 9 issues of the ATFA magazine every year. This mag is top notch. If anything else, the mag is worth the dues paid in itself.

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Curt, and I know your 'facts' are correct. I've attended ALL of the Trifive Nationals so far and will continue to do so, but I DO IT because of all the cars/owners there (not for how well it's organized or anything else). I got SOURED on 'Car Clubs' that AREN'T by pushing the growth of the CCCI for many years only to have the 'declared owner' SELL the club to a business. Something similar happened with the NCRS as a handful of individuals in control Ran the organization mostly for their own benefit. In the case of the ATFA, at least it's UP FRONT that it's an activity OWNED by one individual (Yes, he can make himself President or anything else he desires).. YOU didn't get to help decide that did you?

PS. The National Nomad Club was 'owned/controlled' by a couple of founders; when they got TIRED of running it, they didn't turn it over to someone else - They shut it down. As a result, the prior members of the NNC founded the Chevrolet Nomad Association as a true 'association' of members, where the members determine who runs the organization, with representation from each region of the country, in periodic elections by the members! One or two persons cannot decide to 'sell it or shut it down'... There's a big difference in my mind!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts