Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today I put 5 coats of clear. The clear laid nice and slick. A little dirt here and there and one small run 馃お馃お馃お OOOPPPSS !!! But with all that clear there's enough to wet sand and buff.
Hope everyone likes the color as much as I do.
Its 2019 and 2020 corvette Atomic Orange metallic.
The white is not going to be cream. I am going bright white. 馃檪馃檪

Attachments

Registered
Looks good. It is amazing how color sanding and buffing can turn a so so paint job into near show quality. Just takes lots of patience. I usually do one panel at a time. I have had two different 57鈥檚 that I thought would need to be painted when I bought the cars. I figured I had nothing to loose, so I cut and buffed. Both times I saved the paint. As far as my own paint work, I will never be accused of being a pro, but I have gotten pretty proficient at cutting and buffing. I am sure you will be pleased with the results.

Registered
nice work, your doing good.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good. It is amazing how color sanding and buffing can turn a so so paint job into near show quality. Just takes lots of patience. I usually do one panel at a time. I have had two different 57鈥檚 that I thought would need to be painted when I bought the cars. I figured I had nothing to loose, so I cut and buffed. Both times I saved the paint. As far as my own paint work, I will never be accused of being a pro, but I have gotten pretty proficient at cutting and buffing. I am sure you will be pleased with the results.
I know cutting and buffing is hard work and an art. I have a friend that does that for a living and worked out a deal with him. I don't that the touch to finish buff.

Registered
Looks real nice. After cutting and buffing it will look show quality. If you don't mind me asking the spray gun you used for color and clear?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts