Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. A week or two ago I noticed this auction on ebay. I thought about it for awhile, called and talked to the guy, (Bob) and decided to give it a try. If it didn't work I'd only be out the shipping price. I received the clock back today, and I'm telling you It looks great! And runs good too. The hands were very faded and I asked if he could re-paint them while he had it apart, which he did at no extra charge. Fast service, he got it on a Monday (last week) and I got an email Wednesday (2 days) that it was done, working and ready to ship. I'm very happy with this deal and wanted to pass this on to trifive members. See attachment below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0470940305&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Yep he's the guy that cleaned and refurbished my clock keeps great and accurate time now... he's honest, quick turn around time. I'd do business with him again if I ever needed to.:tu

·
Registered
492 Posts
A new 57 repro quartz clock is 125 bucks from one of our sponsors. I'm wondering if it's worth spending the money on rebuilding my original? Having a 'stock rod' I use repro parts and originality is not that important to me.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
What's a 'ball-park' figure for refurbish? plus shipping?
It cost me his charge of $55 plus shipping but the guy didn't have to replace anything on mine, just clean and adjust the clock, painted the hands and cleaned the face. It's been keeping good accurate time for about a year now. The guy will let you know before he does any repairs so you'll be out just the shipping charges if the clock is not repairable or be expensive to repair. If the cost was going to be much more than $55 I had planned on just buying a quartz replacement. I could get my clock running and it would keep good time for about a day then stop.
I originally tried cleaning it myself using simple green and electronics cleaner and a blower to dry it out, got rid of a bunch of 50+yr old dirt, grime and nicotine but not enough to keep it working.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It cost me his charge of $55 plus shipping but the guy didn't have to replace anything on mine, just clean and adjust the clock, painted the hands and cleaned the face. It's been keeping good accurate time for about a year now. The guy will let you know before he does any repairs so you'll be out just the shipping charges if the clock is not repairable or be expensive to repair. If the cost was going to be much more than $55 I had planned on just buying a quartz replacement. I could get my clock running and it would keep good time for about a day then stop.
I originally tried cleaning it myself using simple green and electronics cleaner and a blower to dry it out, got rid of a bunch of 50+yr old dirt, grime and nicotine but not enough to keep it working.
Sounds good. Do we contact him (Bob?) thru Ebay or does someone have his contact info?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Sounds good. Do we contact him (Bob?) thru Ebay or does someone have his contact info?
Just contact him through e-bay, probably the easiest way, I have his number somewhere but God only knows where I put it:). His name is Bob or Robert if I remember right...nice guy, friendly and he works very quickly...honest also.

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just contact him through e-bay, probably the easiest way, I have his number somewhere but God only knows where I put it:). His name is Bob or Robert if I remember right...nice guy, friendly and he works very quickly...honest also.
His number is in the auction ad. 832-363-7144 I went thru ebay on mine, if I have another one to repair I will just call him direct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.