Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me on a 57 clock how to remove the stem to set the clock with? do you turn it pry it or what, I don't want to break it so please help. thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
can anyone tell me on a 57 clock how to remove the stem to set the clock with? do you turn it pry it or what, I don't want to break it so please help. thanks
This is what I did to get my clock working:

1. I took the clock apart. To remove the stem I used a set of nose needle pliers to hold the stem and turn the knob counter clock wise and used (dust off) computer compressed air can and cleaned as much possible.

2. Generously used contact cleaner to clean all gears and contacts.

3. Again, I generously used the dust off on the clock to dry any extra contact cleaner off.

4. Separated the contacts and cleaned them with a contact filer. ( can also used a pencil eraser )

5. Put literately a small drop on each gear of the watch lubricant. (more is not better)

6. When manually move the contacts apart the clock should start clicking again!

7. Cleaned up the face and glass and touch up the needles.

In my case these steps worked on two clocks. My clock has not stopped working and it has been a couple of months already. I found these instructions somewhere else but I have not been able to find them back. I guess I for got to booked mark the page. Hopefully your clock will work with the above.
:anim_25:

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Gotta pull mine out of the dash....the hands fell off, so I think I'll have it rebuilt (quartz) while its out......:anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts