Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one door panel, center post, and kick panels to finish covering on the 56 4 door. I bought some center post metal trim plates from a 4 door wagon to screw on instead of cardboard. I'm going to use the same 3 different materials on the center posts and kick panels as the door panels so it flows. I don't have $120 bucks right now for new sill plates, so I painted the old ones satin black. I put on some crest stickers I had made at a sign shop. The interior is getting more comfortable the further I get. I'll get a headliner and windlace in a few weeks.

7,082 Posts
Never seen black sill plates and they look really good. Lloyd

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most new cars have interior colored sill plates but they are moulded plastic. Most also have carpet on the lower section of the door panel. I'm just stealin' the designers ideas!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thats looks great,I do like those sill plates,I bet a lot of tri.f.will like them. Great idea, I don't think they cost as much as you stated, anyway they look great. GOOD LUCK RICH:bowtieb::bowtieb:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Hafrod; That is one temporary interior i wouldn't mind calling permanent.
Great job!!:congrats:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I've got one door panel, center post, and kick panels to finish covering on the 56 4 door. I bought some center post metal trim plates from a 4 door wagon to screw on instead of cardboard. I'm going to use the same 3 different materials on the center posts and kick panels as the door panels so it flows. I don't have $120 bucks right now for new sill plates, so I painted the old ones satin black. I put on some crest stickers I had made at a sign shop. The interior is getting more comfortable the further I get. I'll get a headliner and windlace in a few weeks.
I'd leave those sill plates...cause they look damned good! Great work, as usual Hafrod.

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats looks great,I do like those sill plates,I bet a lot of tri.f.will like them. Great idea, I don't think they cost as much as you stated, anyway they look great. GOOD LUCK RICH:bowtieb::bowtieb:
Look at a catalog for 4 door sill plates lately??? Danchuk has them for $119.95 set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts