Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I shift my transmission to reverse I get a clunk noise. anyone else have this problem? Thanks for all and any replies. bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Mine does but it is "slack" in the drive line. You may want to check the u joints and the rear yoke for movement, should only be very slight.

joebowtie-trifive

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
sounds like slop in the rearend IE excessive lash between ring and pinion.

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Check the pinion nut for being loose.Also the u-joint needle bearings could be dry and wearing out.Good luck,keep us updated.:anim_25:
Big Bob:flag4::bowtier:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I`ll check the pinion nut. I am out of town this week,but it will give me something to do when I get back. I replaced the u-joint when I reassembled the car. bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Administrator
66,170 Posts
Thanks, I`ll check the pinion nut. I am out of town this week,but it will give me something to do when I get back. I replaced the u-joint when I reassembled the car. bowtie-trifive :gba:
Let us know what you find, mine does the same, havent looked for a problem yet

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm guessing a mount too. Have someone outside the car with the hood up.... someone inside will put it in reverse.. drive... power brake it to see f it wiggles. You'll see the engine lift to one side if its a motor mount... be careful when looking under the car at the trans mount(s). :anim_25:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm guessing a mount too. Have someone outside the car with the hood up.... someone inside will put it in reverse.. drive... power brake it to see f it wiggles. You'll see the engine lift to one side if its a motor mount... be careful when looking under the car at the trans mount(s). :anim_25:
I have new mounts. front and rear.bowtie-trifive :gba:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts