Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased some new linkage parts from Ol' 55. New splined lever for pedal, fork pushrod kit, and pedal pushrod for my 57. Something doesnt seem right. The fork pushrod appears to be way to long. With the swivel adjusted all the way down to the end of the threads. It just barely pops into the whole on the Z-bar. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
37,985 Posts
I'd check to see if the splined lever is clocked correctly on the pedal shaft.

Do you have a new clutch disc? If so, as it wears, the rod will need to be longer not shorter, so with a new disc that's when it needs to be the shortest. And if you can get the adjustment now, you should be good in the future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd check to see if the splined lever is clocked correctly on the pedal shaft.

Do you have a new clutch disc? If so, as it wears, the rod will need to be longer not shorter, so with a new disc that's when it needs to be the shortest. And if you can get the adjustment now, you should be good in the future.
the splined lever is on correctly. The notch on the shaft that the bolt passes through i'm pretty sure only allows it to fit a certain way. The rod is a good 4 inches to long. I have to cut it anyways so it wont hit the header as well. I cant imagine any circumstance that would need that much adjustment.

·
Registered
37,985 Posts
I'd offer you some measurements but I loaned out my GM built z bar and linkage to a guy that had bigger problems than you. Maybe someone else could offer a measurement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd offer you some measurements but I loaned out my GM built z bar and linkage to a guy that had bigger problems than you. Maybe someone else could offer a measurement.
I have no problem making what I need to make it right. What I dont understand is why the fork rod I purchased from ol'55 is waaaay to long. I checked a couple other parts suppliers and theirs look the same as well.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,876 Posts
I have no problem making what I need to make it right. What I dont understand is why the fork rod I purchased from ol'55 is waaaay to long. I checked a couple other parts suppliers and theirs look the same as well.
Like you say: should be an easy fix....Just thread it down some....However, it is one of those things that make you say hmmmm.:confused0006:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts