Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the clutch pedal assembly. Any tricks in getting the old out? Any suggestions on a replacement? The project is on a completed 55, so care must be taken.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I am in the process of putting mine back into my 57 ht. While I had it out there are a number of rebuild pieces, i.e., bushings, plastic sleeves, springs, bumpers, etc that can be replaced if you are heading down the rebuild trail.

Removal from the car will require disconnecting what ever kind of brake system you have on the firewall side. You may be able to disconnect the bracket support rods above you pedals bracket without taking them all out, but to remove the clutch pedal bracket you have to disconnect from the firewall side and then disconnect and lower the steering column, remove the two rubber mounts that bolt the bracket down and pull forward and then turn 90 degrees, then it should come down from behind the dash.

Do a search on here for clutch pedal upgrade. Williams Classic Chassis Works has an upgrade kit for the trifives that really fixes the stripped tooth type clamp system GM used on the clutch bracket. It was a little spendy, but it replaces the clamp that many end up welding with a splined sleeve, making it totally adjustable, and much stronger.

If you don't find pics here, go to Williams site and look there, they have pics there too.

Good luck,

Gil

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I am in the process of putting mine back into my 57 ht. While I had it out there are a number of rebuild pieces, i.e., bushings, plastic sleeves, springs, bumpers, etc that can be replaced if you are heading down the rebuild trail.

Removal from the car will require disconnecting what ever kind of brake system you have on the firewall side. You may be able to disconnect the bracket support rods above you pedals bracket without taking them all out, but to remove the clutch pedal bracket you have to disconnect from the firewall side and then disconnect and lower the steering column, remove the two rubber mounts that bolt the bracket down and pull forward and then turn 90 degrees, then it should come down from behind the dash.

Do a search on here for clutch pedal upgrade. Williams Classic Chassis Works has an upgrade kit for the trifives that really fixes the stripped tooth type clamp system GM used on the clutch bracket. It was a little spendy, but it replaces the clamp that many end up welding with a splined sleeve, making it totally adjustable, and much stronger.

If you don't find pics here, go to Williams site and look there, they have pics there too.

Good luck,

Gil
Not cheap but worth every penny.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Williams classis Chassis

Good luck,

Gil
Hi all a second to that motion of sending the clutch and brake frame to Williams Classis Chassis in California. I sent mine out trhere and they did a great jiob.

Garys Gearbox

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts