Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I tore apart my front end to replace my control arm bushings, new shocks, and do a disc brake conversion and I am now in process of putting it back together.

Having a hard me with spring installation. I was able to compress and get the spring between the lower countrol arm and frame top but I can't seem to get it to move into top groove slot. How do I get it to set properly? Is there a trick or brute force?

Also how do I determine which upper control is driver side or passenger side?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Erol

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
Erol, on the upper control arms the side with the most angle goes toward the front of the car. The springs should seat into the groove with a stop for the end of the spring. And welcome to the site, Terry

·
Registered
3 Posts
question about to do same thing

No answer for your post but where did you get your disc brake kit, trying to save myself days of searching online for the best deal, I swear sometimes I'll spend 10 hours online to save 10 bucks :)

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Welcome from New England!! I just put my front end together last Sunday with new springs and disc kit. I used 1/2 inch threaded rod to compress the springs into place. Took about 4 tries on left to get it properly in the seat. Got my parts from East Coast Chevy.
Dave

·
Registered
875 Posts
I used a coil spring compressor. You have spin the spring around until it fits into the seat. One of mine I had a real hard time with and the other went right in. Also a few choice words help sometimes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts