Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been going over this site looking to see i anyone has used Coil over springs to lower the car instead using 2" drop spindles, i have a 55 with cut coils now but not liking the ride i get. i was just at a show,found a 57 with coil over spring with drop spindles it looked great so if i replaced my old coils with coil over springs will i get the same look,, thanks for any help on this Rich:blowtiedb:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought a set from cpp for my 55. I like them. I used mine to mimic the stock height, however the ride is improved, much more responsive and stable.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Hi, I have been going over this site looking to see i anyone has used Coil over springs to lower the car instead using 2" drop spindles, i have a 55 with cut coils now but not liking the ride i get. i was just at a show,found a 57 with coil over spring with drop spindles it looked great so if i replaced my old coils with coil over springs will i get the same look,, thanks for any help on this Rich:blowtiedb:
Hi Rich, are you looking to replace your cut front springs with a set of coil over front shocks?..the coil over shock gives you some adjustability for ride height and ride quality if the springs are sized for the front end weight.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Coilovers

I've always wondered about how long coil overs would last in a heavy weight car. Race cars OK. Street cars ?? coil wire not very heavy in coil over! :bowtier:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
when i did mine i cut 1 full coil out and it lowered it 2-3" and i cannot tell any difference in the way it rides.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks for the help on this, they are not cheap so i want to get this right also all the weight on the springs is on the shock that is holding on with 2 bolts at the bottom of the shock if they break you lose your suspension, NOT A GOOD THING i just may go with full springs and 2" drop spindles,disc brakes n be happy :happy0030:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a set from cpp for my 55. I like them. I used mine to mimic the stock height, however the ride is improved, much more responsive and stable.
hey can you point me to the ones you got at cpp you have a part number so i can take a look thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts