Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know im going to get called anal retentive but I am going to ask anyways. I am building a 1958 chevy pick up for my father in-law and he doesnt like chrome so i ordered all the tci suspension compenents bare steel. My question is i am getting the frame powdercoated black and i want a good accent color for the suspension parts. the truck is going to be a dark baby blue so I was thinking the body color or a charcoal grey for the a arms and 4 link bars please tell me what you think?

·
12,256 Posts
I'd go with a pewter or silver color for accent. I think body color may be a bit much, and black won't show the parts off. Any other color and I think you get too "busy".

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,333 Posts
I'd go with a pewter or silver color for accent. I think body color may be a bit much, and black won't show the parts off. Any other color and I think you get too "busy".
Agree :tu

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
That looks really good... nice and subtle.

Body color suspension components look good on a show car, but
when you drive it and get some chips it starts to look tired pretty quickly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm with Chevynut..different colors can get too busy..

Another possibility is to go with all black and chrome or polished hardware for everything on the suspension and under the hood.. I did this with my 32 3- window chopped top..Painted everything the same color, and then let the polished stainless hardware do the talking as far as detail.. It made it exceptionally clean looking.. All ya gotta do is paint/powdercoat things disassembled and then final assembly with the hardware.

Just a thought

:anim_25:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all your opinions

all the opinions helped out i went with the frame and rear diff black and all a-arms and suspension components black chrome powder coat. I think it will look awesome i pick everything up friday from the powdercoater in Reno it is a week turn which i thought was pretty quick and i have seen some of there other work i am impressed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I recently had my frame and suspension powder coated silver, it looks great. Used the body color for accent on bottom of floors and brake calipers.

Everyone thinks it looks wonderful. I entered the car in the BlackTop National car show last week, in the 1950 to 1959 Classic class and recieved the 2nd place award, so I am quiet pleased.

Jim, 56 BELAIR 2DR SEDAN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts