Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting an aftermarket frame ( AME, Fatman, Roadstershop, etc) under a 56 wagon I am planning a build on. Anybody have any warnings, positive thoughts, or other recomendations on how to choose? bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
I am thinking of putting an aftermarket frame ( AME, Fatman, Roadstershop, etc) under a 56 wagon I am planning a build on. Anybody have any warnings, positive thoughts, or other recomendations on how to choose? bowtie-trifive
I do a couple of frames each year and will have an opening mid 2014 if you might want to consider a C4 Corvette suspension.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mike,
What kind of build are you planning? Is this going to be a serious performance piece with serious track time ( I know its a wagon but I think I have seen it all :) ) , Long distance pro-touring with some possible track time and spirited driving, Or pro streeted, tubbed out tire eating big block car? If you can help give me an idea of what you are wanting out of the chassis I can probably help point you in a direction no matter if it is my stuff or if someone else has something more suitable for you.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frame advice

Mike,
What kind of build are you planning? Is this going to be a serious performance piece with serious track time ( I know its a wagon but I think I have seen it all :) ) , Long distance pro-touring with some possible track time and spirited driving, Or pro streeted, tubbed out tire eating big block car? If you can help give me an idea of what you are wanting out of the chassis I can probably help point you in a direction no matter if it is my stuff or if someone else has something more suitable for you.
Tony,
Looking to build a modern, capable car, that has enough Hot Rod in it, but also can be used for trips, two lane winding roads, and cruisin' . I have a couple of 500+hp other rides, and would like to build something that will look and feel tame, but corner and handle like a modern car. Thanks for taking the time! OB Mike:sign0016::blowtiedb:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mike- I'd like to throw my hat in here too if I could :) Since you're not that far from us, you should come on up to the shop and check out a few chassis systems in person. Here's a few pics of a pair of tri-5's we just delivered.

We can build you something that is just as comfortable on the road as it is on the track.

I encourage you to do your homework as diligently as possible to find the option that's best suited for you. There's a ton of options/manufacturers.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to drop me a PM.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tony,
Looking to build a modern, capable car, that has enough Hot Rod in it, but also can be used for trips, two lane winding roads, and cruisin' . I have a couple of 500+hp other rides, and would like to build something that will look and feel tame, but corner and handle like a modern car. Thanks for taking the time! OB Mike:sign0016::blowtiedb:
Mike,
I am not sure where my previous post went to but I will try it again... :) Both of our chassis designs, the Fast Track and the new Revo suspension will be quite capable of accomplishing what you want. Both will give you a good ride and drive quality with modern suspension geometry. The Fast track is the more aggressive out of the two and is equally suited for big hard track abuse. The Revo front is a tuned down version with excellent street manors and even some track or autocross work. The Revo will accept just about any wheel diameter package ( depending on brake package ) down to a 15". The FastTrack uses a minimum of a 17" wheel diameter. Do you have an idea of what size wheel and tire combination you are thinking of running ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tony, not really sure about wheel/tire size yet, Judy started the planning however, having said that, after reading your latest post, the revo sounds more appropriate for my wagon build. I am currently working overseas, and will be back in the US in a week or 2. I would like to call and talk to you some more. Thanks for your interest. Mike

·
Registered
438 Posts
What about SRIII or Corvette Correction?

I have not been able to get comments regarding trifive chassis from either SRIII or corvette correction.. Granted, both of these suppliers are very known for their Corvette frames and have excellent reputations. SRIII offers tube chassis that can configure to C4/5/6 suspension whereas Corvette Correction is strictly C4.

I would appreciate feedback from the forum.

Regards
Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.