Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Concurs D'elegance winner in Kirkland, Wa

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  G.R. 
#1 ·
I know it's not tri-five related but a good friend of mine just won 1st place on Saturday at the Kirkland, Wa Concurs D'elegance show. Andy has been working on this Daytona Coupe replica racing clone for about 5yrs and this is the first time he's shown the car. I saw it in it's near finished stage in May when we were out there on vacation. He and his son even installed the hydralic air jacks that the original racing cars used...there is a fitting that you put compressed air in and the whole cars lifts, like racing cars use today, to change tires, flip a lever and the car drops back onto the wheels...pretty cool detail.
Just thought maybe you guys might like to see a picture of it

Andys Daytona is Powered by Ford, sb 347 w/Weber 48's lookalike FI, 4spd toploader, 9'' custom independent rearend, all adjustable suspension, Koni coilover racing shocks, FIA true knockoffs.
Shelby only built 6 of the orginal Daytonas...if you have a spare $1.75m laying around you might be able to own one of them:)

See less See more
Discussion starter · #2 ·
tt sheesh you guys must really hate Fords:sign0020:

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Nice car but I still would have put a Chevy power train in it...
That'd be like putting a Ford in a tri-five:sign0020:

Discussion starter · #10 ·

But you'd want the Ferd to run as good as it looks wouldn't you...? Therefore a Chevy engine is required... :sign0020:
Yeah if Andy wanted to come in in last place or be a trailer queen:sign0020:

I'll put that 347 Ford in Andy's Daytona against any similar Chevy powered car any day of the week on a road course. It redlines at 8700rpm and the coupe is built for roadracing and Andy's one heck of a driver, former NW regional scca class winner.
Die bleeding Chevy orange but don't dis something you seem to have no knowledge of 'cuz those sb Fords will out perform a similar sb Chevy :wavey:

Also I never did see a or hear or read about any Chevy powered car ever winning the FIA World Championship until well after Ford and Shelby quit racing:)

Discussion starter · #11 ·
On a very sad note my friend Andy passed away a two weeks ago. He had a massive heart attack, very sudden and unexpected.
His family had a private service per Andy's wishes. The family held a memorial service for him last Thursday. I flew out there last Wed night attended the service then flew home Thursday evening.

For Washington it was a beautiful, non-rainy day and 30 some Cobras from the NW and Kitsap Cobra clubs brought their cars. Andy's son Tyler, brought both Andys 427sc and Daytona down. There were close to 200 people there honoring and remembering him. A very moving service for a truly great man. In all the time I had known Andy I don't think I ever heard anyone say a bad word about him.

I spoke with him just a couple of days before he passed, he said he wasn't feeling well but he called to tell me he had just returned from a wonderful cruise in the Daytona on a route I had introduced him to. He said he really got to put the Daytona thru it's paces...he was just giddy with how well the car performed.

In Memory of Andy Teal #96...you were the best friend a man could ever hope to have...God Bless and keep you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.