Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have posted before, I am still searching for my 56.

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104690

So far, I haven't had any leads and am considering hiring a private investigator to do a little looking for me. Does anyone on the forum have an experience with doing this?

I have also considered purchasing a comparable car, but I really haven't come across anything that fits the bill and I have been looking pretty seriously for at least two months.

I am finding a lot of resto mods in the low 20's and a lot of rusted out "projects" but nothing I could drive and restore.

·
Premium Member
14,063 Posts
keep serching for another car. PI's can get very expensive. It is possible your old car may have even left the country or been totaled in a wreck. On top of that even if you find it the owner may not be willing to part with it. there are solid cars out there for reasonable prices you just have to be patient

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
keep serching for another car. PI's can get very expensive. It is possible your old car may have even left the country or been totaled in a wreck. On top of that even if you find it the owner may not be willing to part with it. there are solid cars out there for reasonable prices you just have to be patient
Have to agree. Sadly enough, it just might be time to move on. You might be wasting good money on a PI and not get the results you seek.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have a friend who is a PI that I see from time to time. Ran into him at a favorite breakfast spot one lazy Saturday morning. He joined us for breakfast and we got to talking about some of the guys we played ball and hockey with many years ago. I had been trying to find one guy for 15 years on my own with no luck. When the PI found out about this, he took out his phone and ask me if I remembered the missing guys middle name and his birthday. I told him what I knew and in less than a minute, he had a list of addresses and phone numbers. When I went home, I started calling the numbers, and found him on the fifth number. I guess he had moved a lot. I don't know if it worked that way with a car though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried to get the po to give me a name. I have tried to $$ him to give me the name. He said he didn't remember.

·
Registered
557 Posts
tsparker.... might come across pushy but if the last owner is willing to, and if it hasn't been too long, the PO should be able to request his phone record for the sale time frame, recall what day he sold it etc, and pass the number from that info... like I said... kind of pushy to ask him to go that far for you.:anim_25:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pushy has never bothered me, but he sold it in 2009 and said the guy stopped by his shop, saw the car for sale, came back with the asking price in cash and drove off with the car.

·
Registered
67,793 Posts
:dito: ...................... :anim_25:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts