Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week i was griping about how in heavy rain my inside carpets by the front of the door always get vert wet .i was responded with making sure i also have the j seal installed [which i will]then today because of a crack in my back driver side window i removed the window to have it replaced[found a small upholstery nail that had been nailed through the steel on the door just catching the bottom of the window,hopefully another problem solved]so i figured since im down on the ground farting around with the window controls i will slip under the doors and double check the drainage holes .which are on the very inside edge of the door allowing the rain coming in the window to drain to the out side of the car ,as im looking at it i realize that the door rubber seal is mounted in front of the drain holes .so when the door is fully closed it will push the rubber over the drainage holes there by blocking them up so i am going to cut the rubber that is in front of the holes will this create any problems ??thanks for reading

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
25,794 Posts
The 3 sets of 3 large oblong drain holes are outside of where the rubber seal goes. The rubber seal goes in the offset where the small holes are in this picture. The seal may need to be glued to the door to prevent it from rolling under all the drain holes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts