Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We built our house with attached garage/aircraft hangar 18 years ago and for the high ceiling side used what was recommended at the time, I believe "metal halide" units....... see attached pic. Because 3 have died, and I never liked the buzzing sound it's time to upgrade to LED. What has been mentioned are High Bay LED lights, been told they can be suspended from existing hooks and plug into existing overhead outlets. I have just begun research welcome any recommendations regarding how many K brightness, brands etc.

Thanks much!

Scott

Attachments

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,470 Posts
I run the UFO style LED off amazon. Work great in tall ceilings. The run right of 110/120v. You want the highest watt you can afford. I have 200w ones below. I would run 300w ones on a hanger. Also you can suspend them down from ceiling to not waste light on the edges of the hangar little more to dial in light beam. Also this have hooks, you just have to add a male plug to wires and plug in.

The “K” is color of light 5000-6000 will be more white light you want. I run 6000k. The watt is power and leuman is light output. Usually on these lights watt it more accurate description of light output. These are BRIGHT! Also use way less power than the metal-halide. Zero noise, and instant on. And no waiting to warm up.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey BO185,
Just wanted to express a BIG THANK YOU for your info, a good mini tutorial on High Bay LED lights, plus what you have personally used. I had to chuckle a bit as I viewed your public profile,........ think we have some common interests.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts