Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys- I bought a set of trim molding clips for a 210/BelAir. For the trim down the middle of the door (2dr post) the ones I bought are not anywhere like the originals- take a look at the photos. I have to make the holes in the new door skins for the clips and sure want to be right. Also, how do the end plates work? Guess I'm thickheaded but can't figure out how to get the trim to slip over them unless at one end they are inside the slot and outside on the other.

Thanks much for any direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
38,740 Posts
On stock clips I think the rounded corners rather than the sharp corners are what goes under the flange. (I could be wrong.)

But you can't do that with the clips you have. The sharp corners have go under the flange.

In other words, one sharp corner goes under one flange, and one sharp corner and the spring go under the other. That's the only way they will work.

When the round corners go in the flange, you can slide the clip to where it needs to be much easier.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
On stock clips I think the rounded corners rather than the sharp corners are what goes under the flange. (I could be wrong.)

But you can't do that with the clips you have. The sharp corners have go under the flange.

In other words, one sharp corner goes under one flange, and one sharp corner and the spring go under the other. That's the only way they will work.

When the round corners go in the flange, you can slide the clip to where it needs to be much easier.
I also cannot figure out how these clips go.
Rick,Can/will you expound on your directions Please.I do not understand what you are saying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.