Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the correct number for this bulb? Assembly manual says use 1034 for the tail and stoplight. But, many of the other references for this bulb say to use 1157. Maybe the same bulb with a "modern" number? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
To digress a bit... Is there a brighter bulb than an 1157 that doesn't cost $10. and won't melt anything?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,059 Posts
Pe Boys and others carry....LED replacement bulbs.....Not sure of the price though :confused0006:

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Last time I was in Walmart, they had the LED tail lights also. I think they were a bit pricy though.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
You may need a relay when using leds, thats what I've read here and elsewhere....unless you have an aftermarket wiring loom/ kit installed... just a FWIW:)

Nothing worse for me than buying a product then finding out it won't work because I needed part#xxxx-xx . Something suppliers always seem to fail in mentioning:rolleyes:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Affirm on the relay-I replaced the whole wiring harness with American Autowire and added LED taillights, they wouldnt work without an LED flasher (relay)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.