Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I have all the suspension components front and rear, from a 1988 corvette. I would like to use as much of these components on my 55. I have been to Progressive Automotive and seen there setup for using the rear corvette suspension. But in the front they do not use the corvette rack and pinion and you have to cut your frame rails just behind the first body mounts and splice in there new front clip. I would like to try to avoid cutting my frame. Does any one out there know of any weld on kits or bolt on kits that would allow me to run this corvette suspension without hacking up my frame?

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Firstly, welcome aboard. I don't know of any way to use the front suspension without modifying the frame. This is a friend of mine who does the conversions for folks kind of like a hobby. Thats not to say its cheap. But his are nicer than any I have seen. Great attention to detail.

http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Hello Delray,

I have seen one frame done without cutting the front clip. I talked to the guy when I took the pics. It looked like a lot of work but was vary nice. I have a few pics of it but I'm not sure if I uploade them corretly on this post.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ac55c4

You need to post then to a site such as CarDomain, Picture,Trail, Bebo and Sony there are a few more but some like WebShots doesn't allow Hot linking. When you post them to a site make sure the site is set on Public so anyone can see them. After they are on a site you can just post a URL to let some one know where to find them. If you hot link you will have to right click the photo when it is opened on your site , Click on properties, hold down the left mouse button and high light just the URL info on the properties window, Right Click the High Lighted URL info and left click copy. Come back to the "Reply to Thread" window click on the insert Image Box (looks Like Two Mountains with a Postage stamp) Right Click the the High Lite URL line click Paste . then ok. It will put what you need in the thread box. Presto Pictures!!!!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Thanks for the help. I use to know how to do that but like a buddy of mine once said, " I've sleep since then" :D

I really should take the time to post the pics on here of the frame. It was a master piece.

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts