Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two connections that are leaving me at a loss because for the life of me I cannot find my schematics or my old order number to go back to pull them up off the AAW site. 1. There is a red wire with a brown pigtail on it near the front of the car next to the battery looks as if it would hook to the battery, does it hook to + side of the battery? 2. There is a pink wire near the back the intake that comes through the firewall that looks like it should hooked up to the coil + to be be used as a switchable 12 volt source, again I just don't want to assume and could use some fellow members input before I just attach it. I have pics if someone could post them. The car is 57 Bel Air.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
54,216 Posts
Yeah...It would help if we knew whether it was a Factory Fit or Classic Update harness....Also, post pics, if you can.

·
54,216 Posts
I do not have the schematics nor do I remember my order.
Let me ask you this Chris...Is it basically a "plug and play" harness...Or did you have to cut wires and crimp terminals for your connectors?

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Do you still have a points distributor W/ballast resistor, still have a generator, and the original dash with ididot lights for oil and gen.? Just trying to narrow it down some.

·
54,216 Posts
Attached is a good, colored, original 57 wiring diagram...Maybe it will help you

Attachments

·
54,216 Posts
No wiring labels...Doesn't sound like AAW

·
54,216 Posts

·
54,216 Posts
Posting these pics for Chris57