Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
My AAW kit does have a few wires with no printing on them. There's an included note stating due to COVID related shortages some wires are not labeled But are the correct color. I've been installing the kit and no issues identifying wires.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Does your car start, and run, and everything else works? I'm wondering if a PO added something (gauges, radio, amp, etc.) over the years. Hard to guess where those wires go over the internet.

·
Premium Member
56 2 dr ba sedan
1,122 Posts
Off hand, I'd say the brown wire with the large ring was added to the red wire( just a guess) are you able to trace the path of the red wire? does it end up in a wrapped section of harness ? I'd be tempted to follow it as far as possible, and maybe peel back some of the wrapping to expose the red wire, maybe use an ohm meter to verify its the same wire, from there , maybe it goes thru the fire wall, again, try to verify its the same wire your looking for . It may be easier then it sounds, just a thought.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Off hand, I'd say the brown wire with the large ring was added to the red wire( just a guess) are you able to trace the path of the red wire? does it end up in a wrapped section of harness ? I'd be tempted to follow it as far as possible, and maybe peel back some of the wrapping to expose the red wire, maybe use an ohm meter to verify its the same wire, from there , maybe it goes thru the fire wall, again, try to verify its the same wire your looking for . It may be easier then it sounds, just a thought.
The red wire attaches to the alternator, not hard to probe wires at all, in a former life I was broadcast engineer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Does your car start, and run, and everything else works? I'm wondering if a PO added something (gauges, radio, amp, etc.) over the years. Hard to guess where those wires go over the internet.
I've had the car for 5 years, the previous owner was my mother who owned it since 1962, my dad drove this car to work the day I was born. So pretty familiar with all previous owners mods.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts