Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - newbie here. Since the 57 convertible doesn't have a dome light, where are the courtesy lights located? Does anyone have a picture of the 57 courtesy lights?

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible; ZZ4 w HEI ign; 700r4; 9" rear w/3:50 gears; pwr disc fr w drum rear
1,996 Posts
they are attached to bottom of dash right up against the kick panels. One on each side. I'll try to get a pic for you. They are a simple small L-shaped bracket with a hole for light socket to snap into.

Ace

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible; ZZ4 w HEI ign; 700r4; 9" rear w/3:50 gears; pwr disc fr w drum rear
1,996 Posts
well, not really an "L" bracket I guess.....but you get the idea. This is looking up from the driver's floor. I don't have a bulb in mine as it's disabled (door has been open a lot rebuilding various things) and my passenger side was abandoned to make room for the A/C vent.

hope this helps....don't know if anyone makes reproductions.....I haven't seen any.

Ace

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
well, not really an "L" bracket I guess.....but you get the idea. This is looking up from the driver's floor. I don't have a bulb in mine as it's disabled (door has been open a lot rebuilding various things) and my passenger side was abandoned to make room for the A/C vent.

hope this helps....don't know if anyone makes reproductions.....I haven't seen any.

Ace
Mutton Hollow and Crazy Lights both sell a AAW kit on Ebay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts