Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the summer when i can, i like to daily drive my 57 four door sedan. I do have other, modern cars to drive but i much prefer Daisy :) im in college and 21 years old, do you think they would even consider offering me complete coverage insurance?

·
RIP: 05-24-2019
2,098 Posts
Agreed Value Policy

As long as you have a Primary Vehicle Insured, you should be able to Find a Company, Hagerty, Grundy or Another to Insure Your Classic for an Agreed Value.
They do require that you have a Secure place to Park it, 4 Walled Garage but As long as you drive it Sanely and Safely you should have no Problem finding Coverage.
I Insure mine with an Agreed Value of $15,000. It may be worth More but that is more than I have invested. You may wish to Value Larger! :anim_25:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have a 56' Resto Mod...
Insured by State Farm for 50,000 Stated Value...Full Coverage & Fire /Theft whatever.
My Deductible is $50.00...yes you read it right...$50.00
I drive it wherever, whenever...no mileage limitations, or car-shows only stuff.
I pay about 225.00 every six months...heck my truck costs me much more (375) with a 500 deductible!

Ya'll better shop around...

·
Registered
35,555 Posts
The problem here is that most classic car insurers won't touch anyone under 25 years old. And seems like I've seen on these pages where one of the big ones has an age minimum of 29.

And you won't see any "regular" insurance companies offering anything but liability insurance for a 56, at least that's worth paying for.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Insured by State Farm for 50,000 Stated Value...Full Coverage & Fire /Theft whatever.
I drive it wherever, whenever...no mileage limitations, or car-shows only stuff.
I pay about 225.00 every six months...heck my truck costs me much more (375) with a 500 deductible!

Are you older than 29?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts

Here is your problem---The stated value determines how the insurance company rates your vehicle, it does not necessarily determine how much the insurance company will pay you in a total loss. Insurance carriers word the coverage so that they are able to pay out the stated value amount or the actual cash value whichever is lower.

Agreed value is what you want. On a total loss you get the agreed value, no if's and's or but's.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,470 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Guess my insurer is above regular...LOL
Take a look at the other posts in this thread, you think you may be insured but really you may not. There is a reason that most of us go with special class car insurance. You want an agreed policy for whatever value you want, the more value the the cost. Check with either Hagerty or Grundy and they can give you a quote, I myself have Grundy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts