Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what the interior of my uncle's '57 Bel Air 2-door hardtop should look like. The cowl tag has:

STYLE 57-1037D
BODY No 0 2786
TRIM 676 3
PAINT 802A
ACC. 1A 6A

So this was originally a solid red car with black/red interior. The car has a black dash and steering column. Would those have been red originally? The instrument cluster and steering wheel aren't original so I don't know what color those were.

·
Registered
541 Posts
676 TRIM is Red Vinyl w/ Black & Red Pattern Cloth
802 PAINT is Matador Red (The 'A' suffix probably means all one color)
The black and red interiors I've seen all have a red dash, instrument cluster and steering wheel.
But a black dash, instrument cluster and steering column wouldn't look bad with a black and red interior, IMHO.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

My '57 has 670 TRIM: Silver Vinyl w/ Black & Silver Pattern Cloth
So my dash is black, and the instrument cluster and steering wheel are silver.

Mixing black and red the same as my black and silver, wouldn't be my choice.
I'd go all red or all black for these three items.

·
Registered
68,433 Posts
check out library area out on homepage, other good info there too.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what the interior of my uncle's '57 Bel Air 2-door hardtop should look like. The cowl tag has:

STYLE 57-1037D
BODY No 0 2786
TRIM 676 3
PAINT 802A
ACC. 1A 6A

So this was originally a solid red car with black/red interior. The car has a black dash and steering column. Would those have been red originally? The instrument cluster and steering wheel aren't original so I don't know what color those were.
If you could find that the black dash was original black paint it might help solve some of the numerical trim and ACC codes that plants such as Oakland used such as 3.
Fairly sure that 1A is tinted glass. 6A not known as yet.
As said before, 676 had a Matador Red dash and steering wheel so if the dash was ordered black, the trim tag would have a code to show the variance , maybe eg 3.

Reactions: BamaNomad
1 - 6 of 6 Posts