Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
57 BelAir = On the cowl tag beside Paint is 808 D-H.I know 808=Imperial Ivory/Inca Silver.What does the D-H mean?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive
808D means as you say, Inca Silver body, Imperial Ivory roof, the H I have seen used when wheel covers have been used. I don't know if that's just a coincidence, but it occurred each time where they were fitted.
This could be wrong though, I'd also like to know definately.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive
808D means as you say, Inca Silver body, Imperial Ivory roof, the H I have seen used when wheel covers have been used. I don't know if that's just a coincidence, but it occurred each time where they were fitted.
This could be wrong though, I'd also like to know definately.
Rod, I am by far NOT an expert on cowl tags, and I know you've collected a heap of data on them yourself. But my understanding is that the cowl tag represents all those things that Fisher Body was responsible for, and if that's so, I cannot see how full wheel covers would be a Fisher Body item. Again, I'm no expert, so I would appreciate some clarification.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Rod, I am by far NOT an expert on cowl tags, and I know you've collected a heap of data on them yourself. But my understanding is that the cowl tag represents all those things that Fisher Body was responsible for, and if that's so, I cannot see how full wheel covers would be a Fisher Body item. Again, I'm no expert, so I would appreciate some clarification.
Hi Dave
I appreciate your input, the H has got to have something to do with paint, and it must be just a coincidence that the only cars I have seen the H on the cowl tag have had the wheel covers fitted.
You are right, Fisher would not have fitted wheel covers, so it must be something else, like a trim paint variation or something.
While I was writing this, I had a look at the database, and the H suffix paint codes only appear on Tarrytown cowl tags They appear on Sedans and Hardtops, have not got any records of wagons, Nomads with this suffix.
Rod
OP Kuhn, is your car a Tarrytown car? Vin and Cowl tag would have T in the vin number and the body number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts