Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

So I grew up on '55s- specifically a 55 Nomad owned by my biological father and a 2dr 55 owned by my mother and now my uncle.

I have been searching for a project car for my twin boys when they get older and have gone through a million possibilities- camaros (to everyone has it), mustangs (to much rust and cannot afford a fastback), Montes (to dang big), early 70's vettes (two seater- not good for dad and two boys), and I just lose sleep over this (to crazy?)

So what do I keep comming back to?

Any TriFive

I may lean more towards a more door since my one son has challenges and may have a hard time climbing into a two door, and the price isnt too bad.

Even more, a '56 could be fun since you dont see too many out there, '57 - cool and fun, '55- who wouldnt want one?

I keep comming back here every time I try to get another thought in my head-

I am addicted, its like a hard drug? Crack?

I just wanna turn a wrench soon!:goodnight:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
What about Mopars? Any possibilities there?

Montes (to dang big),
Say... WHAT? :eek:

·
Registered
258 Posts
RJ57 - Mopars seriously:sign0009:.Every young lad wants a 55 just like in the movies.:happy0065:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mopar made a few cool barracudas in the early 60's that I like, but I cannot touch them. Besides- in reality- who didnt want to be Falfa in a black '55 at one time or another?

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
United States is a big place.Why not post a state in your profile or at least let us know in which area of the country you are looking??????

·
Registered
483 Posts
My first resto was a 62 Rambler Classic - why limit - but then the tri-fives ARE the root of all muscles.....

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hey Twinn, I'm with RJ on the Montes there!! We figure that the 55-57 Bel Airs were the Monte Carlos of their day! I've had 3 of them, and 3 Luminas (which replaced them for awhile) The older RWD's with V8's were cool, especially a 1st gen. with a BBC!! :) :bowtier:

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
OK,

So I grew up on '55s- specifically a 55 Nomad owned by my biological father and a 2dr 55 owned by my mother and now my uncle.

I have been searching for a project car for my twin boys when they get older and have gone through a million possibilities- camaros (to everyone has it), mustangs (to much rust and cannot afford a fastback), Montes (to dang big), early 70's vettes (two seater- not good for dad and two boys), and I just lose sleep over this (to crazy?)

So what do I keep comming back to?

Any TriFive

I may lean more towards a more door since my one son has challenges and may have a hard time climbing into a two door, and the price isnt too bad.

Even more, a '56 could be fun since you dont see too many out there, '57 - cool and fun, '55- who wouldnt want one?

I keep comming back here every time I try to get another thought in my head-

I am addicted, its like a hard drug? Crack?

I just wanna turn a wrench soon!:goodnight:
GO TRI-5 :bowtieb: :elefant:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Hey Twinn, I'm with RJ on the Montes there!! We figure that the 55-57 Bel Airs were the Monte Carlos of their day! I've had 3 of them, and 3 Luminas (which replaced them for awhile) The older RWD's with V8's were cool, especially a 1st gen. with a BBC!! :) :bowtier:
Enough said. :)

You can't deny the 1980s Montes are in demand right now. Got an SS or Aerocoupe and you will get more $$$$ for it.

Personally, I'm claiming my '86 LS is in higher demand. LESS made versus the SS & SC models.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I Love the SS Montes, but I really cannot stand the interior layout. GM went reaaaaaaallly cheap in the 80's.

I updated my location.

I would love a decent 4dr with minimul rust (if possible)- I guess I am just looking for a clean roller (no drive train required).

any tri-five would do, the '56 has been calling to me lately, even though I grew up on the '55s (like the nomad in my profile pic).

Anyone live near Ft. Meyers or Naples?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I Love the SS Montes, but I really cannot stand the interior layout. GM went reaaaaaaallly cheap in the 80's.

I updated my location.

I would love a decent 4dr with minimul rust (if possible)- I guess I am just looking for a clean roller (no drive train required).

any tri-five would do, the '56 has been calling to me lately, even though I grew up on the '55s (like the nomad in my profile pic).

Anyone live near Ft. Meyers or Naples?
Yeah Twinny, the SS interiors were pretty basic - the nascar edition, if you will.
If you're looking for a 56 4 door, you should see if fellow member Hafrod in Oklahoma still has his for sale. It looked pretty sharp and pretty 'done' in no time flat!
Not that it's any help, my mom did live in Cape Cardiac for a while. . .

·
Registered
51 Posts
crack

I've seen several '55-56 more doors in the Vegas area for reasonable but in project condition. I did see a '55 at the CHRR ,265 ,in virgin white ,DD, the owner has had the car for sale in the grove for several years ,the $13,000 tag is up from $10,000 a few seasons back. I think your biggest problem is finding a fairly rust free starter car in your area , perhaps Hafrod has what your looking for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts