Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just Picked up some great looking Cragars rims 15X8 4.75 back space UNI-LUG rims. my question is now i am going to need some hardware to put them on my car My bolt Patten is 4.75 and while looking i see i need a mag/shank .800 and there are 2 types of washers off set and center holds so i am leaning towards the center holds (is this right) 2. how much do i Torque it down i see numbers out like 65 lbs,, 100-115 lbs thanks Richie

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have lost lugnuts at 65 but never at 80 or higher. Max for the studs would be 120 - can't speak for the nuts - they are rolled threads not cut. So I would set em all at 65 drive it and see if any loosened - increase by 10 until you see no loosening.

The importance is EQUAL torque more than high torque - just gotta be high enough that they don't vibrate loose.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm looking for a set of 15" Cragar SS. I have a set of 14" on my car now, but I want to change to disc brakes. Did you buy them used; how much do they sell for?

·
Registered
483 Posts
they run 150 (7 inch) to 250 (10 inch) new. You should be able to find some decent used ones around 50-100 - wouldn't pay more - you are risking buying abused wheels.

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
I think for 7/16 X 20 studs you would be between 85-90 lbs

If you upgrade the studs to 1/2 x 20 I would go with 100 LBs

Make sure to purchase cragers lugs nuts and washers only not off brand they will not fit correctly.

Otis :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
well i paid $275.00 for the set,used they are in great shape and i just got an email from a howard clark at Cragar he said The torque on 7/16 studs should be 65 ft lbs. Recheck after 30 miles......... so we'll go with that thank for al the input on this also got some great advice from Trifive (admin) (buy cragar lugs) not some off brand........

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts