Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What year of chevy crossmember would fit in a 55? i do have one under my car(homemade) .i want one with with a curved for more exhaust clearance

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
67-74 I know works somewhere around 75 or 76 they got wider and would have to be trimmed. 68-74 Nova is also good.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I run a 4 speed and got my cross member from C&P in Pa. They are a Tri-five parts vendor and sell the correct Camaro cross member with the mounting bkts. Around a hundred bucks if memory serves me. You can drill holes and bolt on the bkts or weld them in place.

Don

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,876 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
when mounting the trans crossmember, does it go at the top of the framerail or bottom of it. vertically speaking

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,876 Posts
when mounting the trans crossmember, does it go at the top of the framerail or bottom of it. vertically speaking
Not sure I totally understand your question.....However, you want to mount it so the engine is 4* down in the rear.

·
Registered
557 Posts
was just wondering were it mounts. seen some car that mount on top, some on bottom. i have one of the aftermarket kits with crossmember and motor mounts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts