Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed my curved glass and am not happy with the way it fits. I read on this forum that the flap on the seal goes on the outside. Could someone check that to verify if that is true? I installed mine with the flap on the inside. Also, where does the seal have to be shaved? Thanks Jay

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,161 Posts
Thanks for responding, I need help with the rear curved glass, rear of the sliders.
Nomad or standard wagon? On originals that I removed from a 2 door wagon for the first time, the seal lip is to the outside, against the body surface. It does not slip over any lip. It was just held in by the inside retainers and a pound of caulking.

On a Nomad project I installed new windows in, I had to shave the gasket along the rear end, where it goes along the inside of the liftgate area. The gasket would just not fit far enough back to get the front end where it needed to go. The front end of the window gasket has a tab on it that needs to fit into the end of the slider beltline stainless that overlaps the rear quarter stainless. I had to remove almost a full 1/8 inch all the way top to bottom on both sides. Once this was done the gasket and window would fit far enough back. Only after I got the gasket/seal to fit, did I add all the caulking to make sure it would seal. Be very careful because the window will want to flex a bit, if you over do it, the glass can break.

See photos.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts