Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy is tossing up wether to sell his plates or not. Never got to make it to a 56.

They are white lettering on black background, standard size as new.

Plate reads "SEXY 56"

What would be a reasonable for him to ask :)

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean plates to register to a car or just run as extras? :bowtieb:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive
There are no extra fees involved as far as I know through our RTA (in the states its the DMV) you just assign the plates to a car, can be any car :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've seen "SEXY57" too, so l guess they will be of interest to someone. But l wouldn't have them for free.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
I have a friend that owns a 60 Impala with Sexy 60 registered to his Impala. I didn't know if you could do that there. :tu
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
unfortunately the biggest problem with having custom plates is that you have to have full reg....for 1/10 of the cost you can get permit reg, but have to get the god aweful maroon and white plates.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
unfortunately the biggest problem with having custom plates is that you have to have full reg....for 1/10 of the cost you can get permit reg, but have to get the god aweful maroon and white plates.
Be patient Neddy. When Vicroads released the 45/90 day permit system, they said that they will be introducing a new computer some time in 2013 that will let us use our custom plates on the permit system.

Cheers, Des

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Be patient Neddy. When Vicroads released the 45/90 day permit system, they said that they will be introducing a new computer some time in 2013 that will let us use our custom plates on the permit system.

Cheers, Des
Des do you have any insider information on the club reg as for the amount of use mine get on full rego doesnt pay to keep it like that.

I was also told that to convert from full reg to club rego I still need a RWC and join a club :)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Ang
Vicroads has a list of the clubs involved in the club permit scheme on their website.

The Chev Club of Vic is on the scheme, and last time I checked with them all they wanted was a RWC and you need to attend 2 club outings each year to keep the plates. I dropped out of the club last year, so don't know if they still have the same policies. The Vic 567 club does not belong to the scheme, but there are a lot of other clubs that are with the scheme - some ask for a RWC and others have a safety officer who checks the vehicles. Vicroads is happy with either way for a safety check.

You could always start your own club - Vicroads has the details on the website on how you can form a club, the preferred club constitution etc, cost is about $60 PA. You can form a club and then sign off the application wearing your treasurer's hat to say you are a financall member, then wear your safety officer's hat to sign off the car as being safe for the roads. Yes, it can be done!!

Cheers, Des

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ang
Vicroads has a list of the clubs involved in the club permit scheme on their website.

The Chev Club of Vic is on the scheme, and last time I checked with them all they wanted was a RWC and you need to attend 2 club outings each year to keep the plates. I dropped out of the club last year, so don't know if they still have the same policies. The Vic 567 club does not belong to the scheme, but there are a lot of other clubs that are with the scheme - some ask for a RWC and others have a safety officer who checks the vehicles. Vicroads is happy with either way for a safety check.

You could always start your own club - Vicroads has the details on the website on how you can form a club, the preferred club constitution etc, cost is about $60 PA. You can form a club and then sign off the application wearing your treasurer's hat to say you are a financall member, then wear your safety officer's hat to sign off the car as being safe for the roads. Yes, it can be done!!

Cheers, Des
Thats a great idea, might look into it, do you want to join :)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Buddy is tossing up wether to sell his plates or not. Never got to make it to a 56.

They are white lettering on black background, standard size as new.

Plate reads "SEXY 56"

What would be a reasonable for him to ask :)
Des Just a short note on the personalized plates.
They are only worth the asking price at Vic Roads. which is about $400 or there abouts.
The right to display them is another issue.
Vic roads will be your best place to ask the question to see what the transfer is worth.
This will add to the asking price.
As for club reg, all you need to know is avail from Vic Roads also.
You will also need to be a registered club with a legal binding constitution as well as being a member of the AOMC, you will also need an appointed club plate secretary and a separate club plate scrutineer.
I belong to another club and have gone through this in the last few years .
I have only just last month converted to club reg on my other toy (a Mini Moke) and i can tell you it is a royal pain. Please pm me and i will give all info and contacts if you need them

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Ange, club rego is the way to go. The Chevrolet club of Vic is a pretty easy club to join. They do ask for a Road Worthy. They expect you to do two events with them a year. This includes certain car shows, meetings, and or runs. All American day and hot rod show covers it. You don't have to go with them, as long as they're there. A lot cheaper than full reg.

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ange, club rego is the way to go. The Chevrolet club of Vic is a pretty easy club to join. They do ask for a Road Worthy. They expect you to do two events with them a year. This includes certain car shows, meetings, and or runs. All American day and hot rod show covers it. You don't have to go with them, as long as they're there. A lot cheaper than full reg.
Dont like the restrictions on club rego at the moment, the log book is a hassle, but the hip pocket may purse way me to go that route :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.