Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife talked to a friend the other day and she told her about this re-enactment that has been going on for the last 11 years in Conneaut Ohio, about 45min. from us so we took a ride out there today.
They had a veteran that had been there in 1944 speak and it was very touching.....very cool how all these volunteers put this all together, pics aren't the best but I wanted to share this with you guys...makes you stop and think what others have done for our freedom...got teary eyed several times.....:tu

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
I have done many reenactments (ww2 d day stuff in VA) coming in on those landing craft really gets your blood going ,,went to France 2 times to see the real thing ,,its amazing ,,a trip well worth it for the history and honor of the American fighting man ,,,Thanks for the post:tu

·
Registered
383 Posts
Real American Heroes

The WWII Vets truly deserve all of our gratitude for their service and sacrifice. Truly the Greatest Generation.

Thank you to ALL the Veterans out there for your sacrifice, service and honor!

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
We have Civil War reinactments here in Iowa but I never realized they did one for WWII... Neat idea:fahne19::fahne19::fahne19:Later, Dave

·
Registered
66,326 Posts
so cool pete, thanks for pics. :five: .................:fahne19:

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys ...The sounds of the planes , gunfire & boat engines etc. really made for a good presentation, The men playing the dead soldiers on the beach really put things into perspective while I was drinking my "bottled" water........... and I feel sorry for myself when I think I'm having a bad day ???......Shame on me !...."God Bless our Vets"

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
That looked like a incredible re-enactment of the Normandy landings by the brave American , British and Canadian WWII troops. Thankyou to all veterans and active service people from all nations for the neverending fight for freedom for all..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts