1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Link does not work for me.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The gal that caused that wreck ought to be beat with a bat so that she loses 3 years of her life to "restoring" her body back to normal. :motz: :thumpdown: :secruity:

My comments seem harsh, but I believe the reason a lot of this type of garbage goes on in America is because there really aren't any repurcussions for being a moron.

If it was a true accident where it was out of everyone's hands, that's one thing, but this was just carelessness. :secruity: :secruity:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Multi-vehicle crash damages classic car

A woman was taken to the hospital and a restored 1955 Chevy Bel Air was damaged Friday morning after a multi-vehicle crash in front of Fountain Valley Bodyworks.
The crash occurred at about 11:15 a.m. at 18125 Euclid Street, police said.

Fountain Valley Bodyworks Owner Dave March, right, moves some debris as Auto Detailer Keith Pickard takes a cell-phone photo after a white BMW sedan smashed into a body shop destroying the owner's freshly restored 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air but saving the life of a customer inside the building at the front counter, Friday, Sept 10.

According to Lt. Jim McNeff, a pregnant woman driving a white BMW made an illegal U-turn on Euclid at Newhope streets and struck a vehicle that was traveling northbound.
The woman then appears to have panicked and hit the accelerator, causing her BMW to hop the center divider, hitting a black Honda that was southbound on Euclid.
The BMW then veered into the auto body shop lot and struck a classic Chevy Bel Air that was on display, McNeff said. The force of the impact pushed the Bel Air into the building.
The woman was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure, McNeff said.
Dave March, owner of the auto body shop, said the crash occurred just after he had finished restoring and waxing the Bel Air.
The Bel Air was for his wife and had meaning, he said. March and his wife were both born in 1955 and this year they celebrate 55 years of age. About $150,000 had been invested in restoring the car, March said the Bel Air prevented the BMW from hitting people inside the shop.

Contact the writer: [email protected] or 714-704-3795

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts