Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my personalized plates that came via Canada Post/Express Post...and they arrived in the package...with a nice crease in the center. I read the package on the outside of the envelope (they didn't even use bubblewrap, just a cardboard envelope...and it states on the back..."Canada Post is not liable for any loss, damage, mishandling or delay including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages." So I call Kingston Ontario where they come from, and I am told "I" have to pay to ship them back, along with a receipt, and they will re-issue them. What a joke. Sorry, needed to vent.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you going to send them back or keep them?
I don't want bent plates to put on my car, so I guess I send them back and pay the shipping....just can't believe that, like so many other things today, everyone washes their hands of all responsibilities. Service Ontario washes their hands of it, and so does the Canadian Postal Service.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Are there any other shipping options available to you? If so, it might be worth a little more to have them sent via a different courier.

If you must use Canada Poste, is there an option to have the plates insured to cover replacement cost if lost + any return postage, should they arrive damaged?

Good luck,

Harry

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry to hear that! I also got mine in the same packaging but was lucky that that they came alright!

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
that stinks, hope the next ones come o.k.. :p3:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are there any other shipping options available to you? If so, it might be worth a little more to have them sent via a different courier.

If you must use Canada Poste, is there an option to have the plates insured to cover replacement cost if lost + any return postage, should they arrive damaged?

Good luck,

Harry
Hey Harry:

I was at Canada Post today, and I was told, "Sorry, that's the system". Rather than lose my mind, I just smiled and left. So I will ship them back, pay for the shipping, and request that they be shipped to the Post Office itself (in a box this time)...why they ship personalized plates in an envelope is beyond me.
I'm so tired of hearing "that's the way the system works"??????????? Clearly, it doesn't work, or I wouldn't have to ship them back to get new ones made.
For me to ship them back, it will be under 20 dollars...no big deal...it's the lack of accountability that gets me fired up.
Someone mentioned that they must have taken lessons from U.S.P.S. I don't know who took lessons from who, but it sounds like the same nonsense goes on here, as it does through the U.S.
Sure miss the days when you could actually call and talk to someone who was interested in resolving your issue, instead of being put on hold for 40 minutes, only to be transferred to some other department, and sometimes get cut-off in the process, only to have to start over again.:sign0020:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to hear that! I also got mine in the same packaging but was lucky that that they came alright!

That looks very, very sharp!!

Eugene

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
:):tu Good luck with getting your replacement plates delivered in pristine condition this time 'round!

I miss the days when the prison inmates stamped out license plates and we got new ones each year here in Texas. Our grocery stores had them stacked 6 ft. high behind the clerks at the courtesy booth.

I've never had custom plates, but back in 1971 I had a black '55 Chevy business coupe that I had just dropped a good running 327 into. Luck of the draw...... The clerk reached up and pulled my plates off the top of the stack behind her...... And my plate number for that year was 'BAD 327'.

I did apply for custom plates once, but was turned down. Was serving in the military out in California. I had a black '56 Chevy that I dropped a 'built' 400 Pontiac engine and 4-speed into after my GTO was totaled. This was in the late 1970s and the 55 MPH speed limit insanity was in full swing. I applied for plates that read...... '55 SUX'...... But my application was not approved. Guess the California DMV took a dim view of those of us who were non-conformists.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've never had custom plates, but back in 1971 I had a black '55 Chevy business coupe that I had just dropped a good running 327 into. Luck of the draw...... The clerk reached up and pulled my plates off the top of the stack behind her...... And my plate number for that year was 'BAD 327'.

Happy Motoring,

Harry[/QUOTE]

Wow...luck of the draw is right!:tu
Here's hoping I get my "new" new plates in good condition.

Eugene

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you restorit! I hope you get yours undamaged this time at around!
Thanks man........I took a look at your car pics....that's a stunning 57.:tu:tu I'm in your neck of the woods several times a year........will have to PM you sometime when I'm coming through....I'd love to see your car sometime if possible.

Eugene

1 - 17 of 17 Posts