Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke with a Danchuk rep before purchasing the 3-point seat belts (D-12579) a good while back. Asked specifically and repeatedly if the shoulder belt mount would be suitable for a 4-door sedan and was advised that this kit would fit my car. Fast forward to today; the car has had the body work and paint done and is in the upholstery shop. The upholstery shop is unable to install the kit and calls Danchuk, who says that this kit is made for the 2-door sedan and will not work on the narrower pillar of the 4-door sedan! I have buckets with built-in 3-point belts, but brackets have already been welded-up to fit buckets w/o the built-in belts. Now I must have the upholstery shop modify the shoulder-belt brackets and attempt to WELD them into place without destroying the New paint...more time and expense.

If something doesn't fit a specific application, please just SAY SO. Danchuk's misrepresentation is creating headaches all around as well as increased work and expense. We could have used other means of obtaining a 3-point seatbelt in our 4-door sedan if the Danchuk rep had been more honest and less sales directed.

:blowtiedb:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Spoke with a Danchuk rep before purchasing the 3-point seat belts (D-12579) a good while back. Asked specifically and repeatedly if the shoulder belt mount would be suitable for a 4-door sedan and was advised that this kit would fit my car. Fast forward to today; the car has had the body work and paint done and is in the upholstery shop. The upholstery shop is unable to install the kit and calls Danchuk, who says that this kit is made for the 2-door sedan and will not work on the narrower pillar of the 4-door sedan! I have buckets with built-in 3-point belts, but brackets have already been welded-up to fit buckets w/o the built-in belts. Now I must have the upholstery shop modify the shoulder-belt brackets and attempt to WELD them into place without destroying the New paint...more time and expense.

If something doesn't fit a specific application, please just SAY SO. Danchuk's misrepresentation is creating headaches all around as well as increased work and expense. We could have used other means of obtaining a 3-point seatbelt in our 4-door sedan if the Danchuk rep had been more honest and less sales directed.

:blowtiedb:
Sorry this took a while to respond to but we wanted to be sure that we were giving correct information.

These belts will fit into any 1955-1957 model EXCEPT a 4-door hardtop...unless you want to mount them to the roof...The door pillar on the 4-door sedan is just wide enough to accommodate the anchor mounts that need to be installed in the pillar for safety and to mount the shoulder belt to. That being said these would be better installed BEFORE any bodywork and paint is done. It is required to cut into the door pillars to install the anchor mounts which may be either riveted to the pillar to hold them in place or they do recommend welding them...which will be a bitch if the car is already painted as you have pointed out. We did notice that the instructions provided confuse sedan models and hardtop/convertibles so we are modifying them to be totally accurate, they can be used they are just a little confusing at first read thru. Once we get the instruction sheet done we will post it online with the belts and in this thread. Seatbelt Solutions recommends these be installed by a professional. Hope this helps to clear things up.

Instruction Sheet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts