Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across a set of tubular arms on the net for a decent price. Guy said they were sold by Danchuk 3-4 years ago. Any idea what brand they would be and what type of quality they are?

Guy also said that they are the same arms Mutton Hollow is selling right now? any idea?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Came across a set of tubular arms on the net for a decent price. Guy said they were sold by Danchuk 3-4 years ago. Any idea what brand they would be and what type of quality they are?

Guy also said that they are the same arms Mutton Hollow is selling right now? any idea?
If you shoot a pic I can probably tell you. I am guessing CPP, but we may have been carrying one from Heidts around that time too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

heres the link to the ones he said were identical?

Also what brand are your item #10208???
Hey 56onAir...

I went back in our catalogs all the way to 21, which would be 8 years or so ago, and I am thinking that we have not sold that style of A-Arm in AT LEAST 7 years. We have always had CPP or Heidts or Global Suspension and CPP changed their stuff at least 6 years ago to include a very trick bearing and shaft for the upper arms...and they then incorporated it into the lowers very soon after. The ones that Heidt have and Global suspension don't look anything like the pic you have. Where the ones M and H have are being made I don't know as I don't recognize them. You may call them and ask.

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Those look like either Fatman or Mc Gaughys control arms.
There's no spring pocket in them.
The lower part of the spring is located by a large tube welded to the bottom control arm.
Please note that I have seen some Chinese knock-off of these out at some swap meets too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
10208 are these the same ones CPP is selling for $359 on their site minus the ball joints???

Yepper. The same ones in silver. 10208 are 290.00 pr.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts